Monday, December 30, 2013

Favourite Crafty Products of 2013!

Hi all!

I'm back with my favourite crafty products of 2013. I've only been crafting just over a year now so some of these products may have have been out earlier than 2013, but these are just the products I've loved this year. :)

So I didn't have to have hundreds of photos, I didn't always photograph the whole item, I've supplied the name though, so you can search it up if you would like to see it. 

 Favourite stamp sets!

Mama Elephant

Inline Letters - I've only really used the dies in this set, but honestly I love the font and boldness of this letter set.
Cozy Christmas - Pretty sure I used this stamp set on half of my christmas cards, just kidding! But I really do love this stamp set. The little santa & wife is just so incredibly cute and all the little extras make this an amazing set. I don't think it even just has to be used for christmas.
Winter Wonderland - Cute cute set, love the little deer's. One again, a set that doesn't have to be used for christmas, very versatile. 
Merry Greetings - Very aimed towards christmas, but awesome nevertheless. Loved this set for christmas this year, the font is amazing.
Water Blooms - This is probably in my top 5 favourite stamp sets of all time, love the flowers included in this set, really nice set to have.

Avery Elle 

Handwritten Notes - So many great sentiments to use all year round, definitely a set I use often, love the font once again.
Winter Wreath - A really awesome set for christmas, easy images to be able to mass produce cards with minimum supplies. Loved this set this year.
Oh Happy Day - Yet another awesome sentiment set, that I love and use all the time. Just love the handwritten look font they've used, another amazing set.

W Plus 9

Woodland Wreaths  - Yet another awesome christmas set, definitely a set used lots this christmas and will continue to use in christmas' to come. Gorgeous set.
Fresh Cut Florals - Honestly, I think everyone must know of / LOVE this stamp set. Probably #1 on my favourite set of all time. Such an amazing stamp set with detailed images and love the 3-step stamping, makes the end result just gorgeous. Must have set.
More Fresh Cuts - I didn't enjoy this set as much the first, but this set still 'wows' me. Love it, great addition to this first set and I'm looking forward to get lots more use out of this set.
Strictly Sentiments 1 - Great basic birthday sentiments, lovely font and just great. Use this set /all/ the time for birthday cards and I love it.

Lawn Fawn

There are honestly so many stamp sets from lawn fawn I absolutely love. Probably my favourite stamp set company ever. Cute little images are just so cute! I just picked a few that I've found myself using over and over and over again. :)

Winter Gifts - I'm pretty sure I used this set of all my gift tags for christmas this year, love all the sentiments and little images you get. 2 different tag sizes, who wouldn't love that?! Great set, very versatile. Love love love.
Into the Woods - Just such cute images in this set. Need I say more? : p
Milo's ABC's - Love the font. Love how many of each letter you get. Such a versatile set, obviously. Must have set.
Blue Skies - I really just love the hot air balloons, so fun to colour and create sky scene's.

Simon Says Stamp

All Occasions Banners - Especially with the die set to match, got a great sentiment set here, lots of awesome different sentiments and great for any occasion, I really just love all the unique sentiments in this set.

October Afternoon

Birch - Love this as a background, great to create scene's. Just perfect. As soon as I saw it, I knew I was going to have to have it in my collection.

Tiddly Inks

Flying High - One of those sets that just caught my eye. I love the little puppy with the balloons, so cute! Love the sentiments too. I set I was reaching for again and again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Favourite tools!

Fiskars Stamp Press - Really great tool to have, great to get perfect placement of an image / sentiment everytime and gives lots of wiggle room.

Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block - Good quality blocks, use them all the time. Love the shape, it makes you have a really good grip. 

Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher - Great stapler, love how tiny the staples are. Just a great tool to have.

Hero Arts Scrubber Pad - I actually only received this in an order about a week ago and honestly I just LOVE it. So much better than baby wipes. Cleans really well and also dries the stamp, which is awesome.

Tim Holtz Detail Water Brush - Really good quality brush, use it for ALL my water colouring, really awesome. 

Martha Stewart Mini Scoring Board - Since I bought this, I haven't used my 12" one ever for scoring this card since this came along. Just so little and easy to make space on your table to score a card. Works really well, love it.

Scissors: Fiskars Titanium, EK Success Cutterbee and Fiskars Micro-tip Easy Action - All are good for different uses. I really like my titanium ones for just cutting paper / cardstock whenever needed. My EK Success Cutterbee scissors I /love/ for fussy cutting and my micro-tip scissors are pretty much good for anything and everything. I love them all. 

Simon Says Stamp Teflon Bone Folder - Slightly expensive for a bone folder, but totally worth it. I love it. Great quality, scores really nicely and apparently it doesn't leave those shiny marks when you score your cardstock.

Epson LabelWorks LW-400 Label Maker - Really great label maker. It's the same one Kristina Werner uses. As soon as I saw it, I wanted it. I like the font it prints on the labels and how large you can get the widths of the tape refills and the best part? I can purchase it in Australia and get refills, which makes it all better.

Fiskars Sure Cut Paper Trimmer / Fiskars Rotary Pro-Cision Bypass Trimmer 12" - Love both these trimmers. I use the first trimmer for pretty much most of my cutting. But if I want to make card bases or cut 110# cardstock or something thick like that, I'll use the pro-cision one. Both are of great quality and have had no problems at all, very satisfied.

Ranger Craft Sheet - Love this craft sheet, great for lots of different techniques and I use it all the time. I actually got the idea from Jennifer McGuire to put it on a 12" x 24" silhouette mat, which is what I did so I don't have to roll it up and I can hang it on a hook. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Favourite inks!

Hero Arts Shadow Inks - Great quality ink, definitely my most go-to coloured inks. Love the range of colours available and they stamp really nicely. Splotchy at first, but they smooth over the drying time.

Mama Elephant Creative Color Pigment Inks - Love the colours and quality of these inks, stamp really nicely. Can't wait for more colours.

Basic Stamping Inks: 

All have great individual uses.

Memento Tuxedo Black - Great for copic colouring.
Versafine Onyx Black - Good for crisp sentiments.
Ranger Black Archival Ink - Great ink for watercolouring.
Hero Hues India Black Ink - Another ink I like for sentiments. 
Versamark Ink - Good ink for heat embossing and sort of tone-on-tone background stamping. 
Memories Unicorn White Ink - Love this ink for stamping onto kraft cardstock, lovely effect. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 We R Memory Keepers Punch Boards

Envelope / Gift Box / Gift Bag / Candy Box / Pillow Box Punch Boards

Love these boards, I used them for a lot of my little gifts at christmas time, for co workers, the kids I work with and even little presents for family. Awesome boards, I love them. These are gonna get much more use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Favourite cardstocks!

Tim Holtz Distress Watercolour Cardstock / Simon Says Stamp Watercolour Paper - Love both these cardstocks for watercolouring. Both are of great quality and I use both equally.

Hero Arts Hero Hues Layering Paper -I like the many colours you can get in different tones. I love this paper for card bases also.

Neenah Cardstock: Solar White, Desert Storm and Classic Cream - I love them all, this is the cardstock I use for almost ALL my card bases unless I want coloured. Great cardstock, 80# and good quality. Love it for stamping and copic colouring also.

Bazzill Cardshoppe Cardstock - Great quality cardstock, this is a go-to cardstock when I want a coloured card base. Love the large range of colours. I believe this is 110# cardstock also.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Favourite colouring supplies!

Copic Markers - This is my favourite form of colouring, I'm loving to learn how to blend and to become better at colouring with them. Hoping to build up a lot more colours in the future.

Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Love these for watercolouring, big range of colours and their a good price, not too expensive. Good quality and just great in general, they give really good results. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Favourite dies!

Lawn Fawn

Stitched Journalling Card - I love this die for panel's on my cards to mat images onto, really like the stitched look around the die. If I ever get to do project like also, it will be a great die to create my own cards.

Hearts - Very versatile, I use hearts all the time and I love the range of sizes you get. Also a nice shaped heart.

Mama Elephant

Dainty Bow - Really cute die, I used this lots for christmas to put bows on top of wreaths and stuff like that, very tiny and good for lots of uses. Very awesome.

Simon Says Stamp

A2 Curved Die - Great die, I love being able to have a full on curved edge on my cards now, very awesome.

Mini Hearts - Great die, I use hearts a lot like I said before, so having a mini set with all different hearts was a must have, love it.

Feathers - I LOVE feathers right now, there really trendy and look awesome with so many different techniques. Love the style of these feathers and looking forward to using them on lots of cards.

Memory Box

Tall Vase - With all of the build your own flower, 3-step stamping type sets out now-a-days,  having a vase die is awesome. Great die to have to compliment the flowers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Favourite storage items!

Craft Mates: 14 Compartment Box - Love this thing, once again I got the idea from Jennifer McGuire. I use mine to store sequins aswell, great storage solution!

9" x 12" Zip Lock Bags - Honestly, am I the last one to find out about these? They are awesome and so cheap! I use them for SO many things. I storage my card kits I receive each month and I use them to storage collections in them, especially ones that have 6" x 12" stickers in them, makes life easier and makes it so much more organized.

Avery Elle Stamp and Die Storage Pockets - Love love love love love these. Oh my goodness, they are just amazing. Another thank you to Jennifer McGuire, this has just made me SO much more organized and I love how every stamp set looks the same and it all matches, just love love love it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Favourite others!

Card / Embellishment Kits - I subscribe now to Simon Says Stamp's Card Kit, Studio Calico's Card Kit and Freckled Fawn's Embellishment kit now every month and I'm just finding I really love kits. Everything coordinates and it's just so easy to make a project, just love them.

Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste - I really love the dimension and texture this gives when using stencils, looks really amazing. You can colour it with paint or inks and it's just an awesome product.

Paper Pads - October Afternoon - Silent Night, Heidi Swapp - Believe, Crate Paper - The Pier, Crate Paper - Bundled Up, Bundle of Joy - Dots and Stripes Girl, Bundle of Joy - Dots and Stripes Boy, Carta Bella - Hello Again, Lawn Fawn - Into the Woods and Lawn Fawn - Peace Joy Love.

These are just paper pads I've been really drawn to this year, love the patterns and colours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Favourite finishing touches!

Pretty Pink Posh Sequins - Great quality, love the colours and their just awesome!

Hemptique Hemp Cord Natural - Love this twine, really nice natural twine and I use it on so many projects, really nice. I like this a lot.

Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Markers - I'm mostly drawn to the clear, but the other colours look nice too. Really like this marker, just gives a little bit of glitter and shine and it's just an amazing product. I think I may actually use this on every card, I'm actually almost onto my 2nd pen. : p

Enamel Dots - What can I say, I'm addicted. My Minds Eye, Teresa Collins, Doodlebug.. they all make them. I love them, use them on almost every project just give that lovely finishing touch to your project.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Favourite adhesives!

Post-it Tape - Not that it's really an adhesive, but I use it to hold down my dies to be able to put through my big shot, it's just a nice low tack tape.

Tape Runners: American Crafts, Tombow and Plus - I have to admit, I mainly use the American Crafts adhesive, mainly because I can get it locally at Spotlight so it's really easy to get my hands on it. The Tombow refills I can get in Australia too, but I need to order online and a lot of the time it gets sold out and I can't get my hands on it. The Plus adhesive, I order from overseas and it's annoying if I need refills and don't want to place an order.

All in all their all good adhesives in my opinion, good quality, they all stick well.

Foam Mounting Tape: American Crafts, Scrapbook Adhesives and other - I really like all these foam adhesives, there all good quality and I like the different widths of these. I can get all of these online in Australia which is a bonus.

Liquid Adhesives: Glossy Accents, Multi Medium Matte and Scotch Quick Dry - Love all these adhesives, good quality and have a strong bond.  My only issue is that they get clogged a lot and it's annoying to have to un-clog them all the time. But other then that, great adhesives.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed my favourite crafty products of 2013!

Thanks for stopping by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment