Saturday, August 30, 2014

Christmas Gifts 2014

Hi, I'm back again with the christmas gifts I'm gonna be giving to my colleagues this year.

Honestly last year, I just gave some chocolates and I thought that that was such a boring gift. So this year I was determined to make a decent gift. So I figured if I start early, I won't run out of time like I did last year.

So this year I decided to make cards for people. Since thats my thing, I thought it would be fun to do that for my colleagues. :)


So this is what I'm giving / doing this year. An Freckled Fawn tin, chocolates in a gift box w/ tag, 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" card w/ envelope and 8 different cards w/ envelopes.

Why I chose the tin and not a bag is because it's re-usuable. All they have to do is peel off the tag + bow from the top and they can use it for storage or something, so it's great. Also, I won't be putting names on any of the tags I use - so they can reuse them for gifts as well - if they wanted too.


I repurposed the tins we used to receive in our Oh Deer Me kits. I actually had to buy a few more - when they were selling them off so I would have enough.


This is the tag and bow on top of the Freckled Fawn tin. For the tag I used the WPlus9 - Pretty Poinsettias stamp set and coordinating dies - I tried to use stamp sets with dies included to easily mass produce the items. I spent a long time making all the cards (I had to make something like 80 cards for the tins) so, easily mass producing the tags and others was important. I then took the die I received in the July 2014 SC Card kit and stamped 'Happy Holidays' on it from the Some Odd Girl - Chris Mouse stamp set - which is perfect, because we have school holidays at christmas time, so it worked well. I took the Medium Tag dies from Simon Says Stamp and die cut a ton of them. I wanted to put one of the tags on the back as well incase ink transferred onto the back. I used the Patterns 3x4 Stencils by Heidi Swapp to ink the tag. 

For the bow and scallop I used pattern paper from the Peppermint Express 6x6 pad from American Crafts and the Styleboard dies by Maggie Holmes to create the bow. I also used an scallop punch by Fiskars for the bottom bit.


These are the cards I made. I did 3x Birthday, 1x Thanks, 1x Congratulations, 1x Thinking of You, 1x Christmas and 1x Hello card. With these cards, I've just been working on them all throughout the year. As soon as I made a card and I liked it - I added it to the pile and put it away for these gifts.


I then made a 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" card, I didn't feel the need to make a normal sized card for colleagues, since I just need to write a simple message inside. I used the WPlus9 - Pretty Poinsettias stamp set + coordinating dies. I LOVE this set, the building sets just make the image so much better - looks fantastic. The colours of ink I used are all by Hero Arts and they are listed below. I then used the banner die I received in my July 2014 SC kit and stamped a simple 'Merry Christmas' on top using the HA - Banners and Messages stamp set - the sentiment was curved, but I just made the straight so I could use it with this banner die. Perfect size for a small card. To do the background, I wanted something simple that I could easily replicate. So I pulled the Heidi Swapp 3x4 Patterns Stencils and used an Mini Ink Blending Tool by Tim Holtz with some Lime Green ink by Hero Arts. Worked out great and was quick to do. For the envelope I just used pattern paper from the American Crafts - Peppermint Express 6x6 pad and used the Simon Says Stamp - 3x3 Envelope Die - another quick and easy way. I then punched some Scallops from Neenah Solar White CS using a Fiskars punch and adhered that on top.


I then made a gift box - using the WRMK Gift Box Punch Board, I'm going to be using this to add a few chocolates in. I then made a tag, using some Lawn Fawn and Mama Elephant supplies. The Mama Elephant sentiment was absolutely perfect for the chocolates idea. I finished the tag off with some Divine Twine. I have huge spools of this stuff, I gotta use some of it up.

I'm so happy that all my christmas gifts are done for colleagues by August. Gonna be easy at the end of the year to just give them all out - no hassles now and no rush to get them all finished. :)

Well I hope I gave you some ideas for your christmas gift ideas this year.

This was a very time consuming gift, but if you start early enough it doesn't really take up that much time.

Thanks for looking and all the supplies used that are pictured are listed below.
I didn't list all supplies used for the big cards I made - because that would take forever to list and find products I used.

- Eloise



No comments:

Post a Comment