Sunday, August 24, 2014

Happy Birthday To You


Hi! Today I'm here with a card I made a couple of weeks back. I recently bought a brand new camera and decided to start recording some videos.. and give my blog some love and hope to get it more up and running.

Here is the card I made.



I was following an inspiration piece I found on Pinterest for the background. Except it was cork and white, not gold and white, but I still love how this came out.

Here is the inspiration piece.


Link : http://www.sparkandchemistry.com/craft-it-blog/make-a-herringbone-bulletin-board

It obviously didn't turn out exactly like that, but I like the end result anyways.

So to start the card I used the Mama Elephant - Femme Frames Die to cut a piece of Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock. I then used the Simon Says Stamp - Chevron Pattern Stencil masked off certain parts with painters tape and applied the Wendy Vecchi - White Embossing Paste to the non-masked areas. I then removed that painters tape, let the embossing paste completely dry and then repeated the same step for the Gold Embossing Paste.

I then wasn't really sure where I wanted to do for the card at this point and so I decided to use a piece of Doodlebug Vellum that I had from a previous SSS Card Kit. I liked the polka dots on the vellum, instead of just using a plain piece and I didn't want to cover up much of the background and wanted somewhere to ground my image. I then used some patterned paper from the MME - Mildred Now and Then 6x6 Pad to use a little on top of the vellum and then decided to stamp the elephant image from the Altenew - Ori Kami stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black on a sheet from the pad too. I got some random white thread from my sewing machine (inspired by Laura Bassen) and placed that on top of the patterned paper and then used foam adhesive to adhere the elephant image on top.

I decided to use the 'happy birthday to you' sentiment I had from a past Studio Calico kit stamp set and then used the banner die included in the July 2014 SC kit to cut the sentiment out. I adhered the sentiment to the vellum. I then grabbed some SC Wood Veener Stars sprinkled 3 around the elephant and stuck them down with Studio Multi Medium Matte and coated them and the elephant with Clear Wink of Stella. I then grabbed some Neenah Desert Storm 80# CS cut it in half and made a top folding card. I adhered the panel with some thick double sided tape I found at Red Dot (here in Australia) and then used my white gel pen to put dash lines around the panel and the card was finished.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by today! 
- Eloise

No comments:

Post a Comment