Sunday, August 31, 2014

Merry Merry Christmas

Hi guys, I'm back with yet another card. I love weekends, I get so many cards done. 

This is the card I made - I'm already getting into my christmas cards, since I'm guessing I'll be needing quite a few by the end of the year - plus, I love making christmas cards.



Okay so, this card started with me finding the background paper in my stash. It was from the Elegant Holiday 2013 Simon Says Stamp kit. I really loved this paper and all the others included and have honestly never really used any of them, so I broke it out today.

I started with covering the whole base of my card which is 4" x 5.5". I wasn't sure of where I wanted to go with this card at all, so I went through my christmas stash. I found the Very Merry October Afternoon kit I bought myself for christmas last year and again, I never got a chance to use it so I decided to break it out this year and wow, I forgot how much awesome stuff was it in, very pleased. It is designed to be used for December Daily, but I'm gonna use it for cards and perhaps PL as well, if I ever get a chance to finish it.

Anyways, I pulled a doily and the cut ups from the pack. I then found a bits an pieces package from the Elle's Studio - Noel line and pulled the 'merry merry' die cut piece from it. I wanted a piece of patterned paper to ground everything with so I went back to my stash and pulled a white piece out with polka dot gold foil on it - again, it was from the Elegant Holiday kit. I stuck the die cut piece underneath the patterned paper and then popped it up on foam adhesive I then adhered the doily to the card base using normal adhesive and stuck the popped up piece on top. I then grabbed my trimmer and cut out a piece off the cut ups pack from OA that said christmas, cut a banner end on one of the edges and then took my tiny attacher and added a couple of staples on the non-banner edge. I then adhered that piece onto the others with more foam adhesive.

Since it's a christmas card, I took a few of the Wood Veneer Stars from Studio Calico and added 3 to form a visual triangle. I coated them with wink of stella and then the card was basically done.

The last thing I did was corner chomped one corner of the card and it was finished. :)

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for looking!
- Eloise



No comments:

Post a Comment