Tuesday, September 16, 2014

B-Day Wishes

Hello everyone, I'm back with yet another card share. I honestly get so many cards made during the weekend, I just have a ton of cards to share with you during the week. :)

This is the card I made.


So this card started of with this piece of white neenah card stock. I'm very quickly running out of watercolour paper since I love water colouring so much. So anyway I decided to use some gesso and coat a piece of card stock, then wait for that to properly air dry and then use some watercolours to colour the piece and honestly it worked really well. I used a few peerless watercolor colours to create the background. I basically just added a ton of water and let the watercolours move around in it. 



Once the piece was dry, I used the Femme Frames by Mama Elephant die to make the piece smaller. I then picked out the Ori-Kami stamp set by Altnew and used the fish stamp on some 5th and Frolic paper by Dear Lizzy with some Versafine Onyx Black ink and then fussy cut around them and edged them with a memento marker. After adhering them to the card, I grabbed the Sending You set by Avery Elle, Hand Lettered Hello set by WPlus9 and the A Birdie Told Me set by Lawn Fawn. I first stamped the speech bubble from the Lawn Fawn set. I then grabbed the 'birthday wishes' stamp from the Avery Elle set and masked off the 'birthday' bit and just stamped the wishes. I then took the WPlus9 set and did some selective inking and masking to create my own 'b-day' sentiment so it would fit in the part I wanted it too.

I then die cut the speech bubble out with the coordinating dies and popped it up on foam adhesive and stuck it on the card. I then took the watercoloured piece, added some adhesive and stuck it onto a Neenah Desert Storm 4" x 5 1/2" card base and the card was complete. 

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be back soon with another card share. :)
- Eloise


No comments:

Post a Comment