Sunday, September 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Card and Tag Set

Hi guys, I'm back again with another project. This time I made a card and a tag, just because I had left overs from the card. :)

This is what I made.


I started off with cutting 1/4" strips of Neenah Solar White CS. I then grabbed 6 different ink colours, all by Hero Arts and started inking the strips with my ink blending tools. Honestly, this is such a great way to use your inks I believe. I don't use them a lot anymore for actual stamping, but I love the colours, so using them to colour things like this, it's awesome.


Anyway, once I had coloured all the strips, I cut another piece of solar white card stock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored it at 4 1/4". I then started glueing all the pieces in a random order. Once I finished glueing all the pieces on at a diagonal I moved onto the sentiment. I used an Avery Elle set called Cake and Candles stamped a sentiment from there with Versafine Onyx Black ink, cut the strip at a diagonal and stuck it on the card with foam adhesive. I then scattered some wood veneer stars around the card and it was complete.


 So since I had so many strips still left over from the card, I decided to make a tag, I would have made another card but then I would have had to make more strips, so I decided a tag would be best. :)

So for the tag I used the Simply Tags die set by Avery Elle to cut the tag out. I then adhered the strips over the tag and die cut it again to cut all the edges and the circle in the top again. I then cut a banner out using a Studio Calico die from a previous kit and stamped 'happy birthday to you' on it from a previous Studio Calico kit stamp. I then grabbed the Confetti set from Mama Elephant and stamped the circle 'smiles inside' on some Neenah CS with Versafine Onyx Black ink also. Once they were both adhered with foam adhesive I scattered some more wood veneer stars around to make the tag complete.

I then turned the tag over and attempted to stamped 'to' and 'from' on the back, but since I had the dimension on the other side, I had to die cut another tag, stamp on it and then adhere it to the back of the tag. I then grabbed some black divine twine and put that through the circle on the top of the tag and it was complete.

I hope you enjoyed looking and thanks for stopping by!
- Eloise




No comments:

Post a Comment