Saturday, September 27, 2014

Happy Birthday

Hi guys, I'm back with another card.

This is sorta a different card for me, I don't usually use a lot of embellishment type things, I usually stamp and colour, but this time I wanted to do something different.

This is a pretty simple card, using very few supplies really.


First off I covered my whole card base with one of my favourite patterned papers from the Styleboard collection by Maggie Holmes. I then took some vellum by Doodlebug and layered a piece onto my card, putting adhesive where I knew it would be covered. I then added a gold label from a Maggie Holmes die cut pack and adhered that to the vellum with foam adhesive.

I then grabbed out one of my pebbles sticker sheets, from the me to you line and added a gold happy birthday sentiment to the card with foam adhesive also. I then realised I wanted something behind the vellum piece. So I pulled up the vellum and added some white thread behind it and then stuck it back down.


For some finishing touches I added a label sticker from the Cakewalk sticker sheet by October Afternoon, some gold run-on stars by Pink Paislee and then an enamel dot by Freckled Fawn and then to completely finish the card, I rounded the corners with the 1/2" side. :)

I hope you enjoyed looking today and thanks for stopping by!
- Eloise






No comments:

Post a Comment