Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sending Happy Thoughts

Hello everyone!

I'm back again with another card share.

This is the card I made.



Okay so this is the card. I had the Sending Happy Thoughts stamp set by Simon Says Stamp sitting in my collection since the July card kit and I think I've only used the set once for a sentiment and I really wanted to use the envelopes on a card one day - they are super cute. :)

So I had the idea of doing a complete background with them at first. I was gonna mix up the colours and put them all on randomly - but well you can see that idea didn't work out. I decided to then do it in rainbow order and in lines instead.

When I first started making this card I was originally gonna use my copics to colour the envelopes in buuuut - I thought and I have so many nice coloured inks and don't use em all that often. So I pulled some of my favourite colours (they'll all be listed below) and coloured my pieces that way.

I stamped 9 of each envelope with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then coated it with clear embossing powder and heat it with my heat tool. To do each envelope in a different colour when they're all group together, I just grabbed some sticky notes and masked off around the envelope and used my mini ink blending tool and a different foam for each colour and coloured them all in. I then trimmed them all out with my scissors and went around with a black marker to make all the edges black.

I laid them all out on my card base to see how they all looked and to see if they fit - I originally had 8 different colours, but only 7 would fit so I ditched one colour. I then took my adhesive and glued them all down - having to re-arrange as I went along because I got to the bottom and didn't leave myself enough room, boooo. :(

Anyways, then the sentiment. Oh gee.. this gave me so much trouble. My first idea was to stamp the 'Sending Happy Thoughts' on vellum and then adhere that to the card and well, that did not work. I tried it with white and black embossing powder and it just didn't look right, so I backed the vellum piece with white card stock and that looked silly too. So I then grabbed just a piece of white card stock and stamped the sentiment in black. I stuck it down to the card and hated it, so I had to rip that off and try another idea. For this look I thought maybe a die cut sentiment would work best, but I really was determined to use the sentiment from this set, so I cut around the sending and honestly if there was a die that did it, it would have been awesome, but fussy cutting it out worked okay also. I then masked off the 'happy thoughts' part into two sections so it could be stamped next to each other instead of on top of each other and stamped that on Neenah Solar White. I adhered both parts of the sentiment with foam adhesive and then added a few white enamel dots from Doodlebug around the sentiment.

The card was then complete.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my card today.

Thanks for stopping by!
- Eloise



No comments:

Post a Comment