Saturday, September 13, 2014

Thanks So Much

Hi guys, I'm back with another card share.

Another thank you card, I'm just really liking making thank you cards at the moment. :)


I've been wanting to use this Tiny Star BG stamp by Hero Arts / Basic Gray for a long time and never got around to using it till today. I started off with stamping it out on some 4" x 5 1/2" Neenah cardstock with Versamark ink. I poured over some white embossing powder and heat it up. I then pulled 3 distress inks out and one of my hero arts inks. I used the black hero arts ink since I don't have black soot distress ink yet, it's on my wish list I swear. :p

Once I got the background to how I liked it, I rubbed a damp baby wipe over the embossing to pick up any excess ink sitting on top of it and then grabbed some water in my hand and sprinkled it over the inked background to create water droplets.

I then grabbed some Easter Grass cardstock by Bazzill and cut the edge from the Landscape Trio die by Mama Elephant. I went around it with an ink blending tool and some peeled paint ink to make it match the background. I then stuck that onto the inked background and started to work on colouring the bunnies. I just love this stamp set by Mama Elephant, so I grabbed some copics to colour them in with (they will be listed below). Once the bunnies were coloured I fussy cut out the bunnies and went around it with a black memento marker.

I then stuck down the bunnies on the background piece with foam adhesive.


For the sentiment I wanted a thank you sentiment because the bunnies are hugging. Before I figured out what sentiment I wanted to use, I got the A Birdie Told Me stamp set by Lawn Fawn out and stamped out one of the speech bubbles and then die cut it out with the matching die. I then used the 'my thanks' sentiment from the Sending You set by Avery Elle and just masked off the 'my' bit. I liked the handwritten look to the thanks sentiment. I then grabbed one of my Winnie and Walter sets and stamped out 'so much'. I love these stamp sets with all the different words in them, so awesome - I used them SO much. I also adhered the speech bubble with foam adhesive and placed it just over the top of the bunnies ear. I then grabbed my wink of stella marker and went over the 'thanks' bit.


When I was figuring out the sentiment I really wanted friend to be in it somewhere, buuut it wouldn't fit in the speech bubble. So I grabbed some more Winnie and Walter stamp sets (they will all be linked below) and formed my own sentiment for the inside of the card. I usually never stamp on the inside of my card, but I wanted too this time round.

I then grabbed one more Mama Elephant set called Good Times and masked off one of the sentiments again and just used the little circle with the heart inside for the bottom of my sentiment and that finished off the card.

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll have another post shortly.
- Eloise :)

Copics - E13, E25, E31, E33, E57, E79, YG63, G99



No comments:

Post a Comment