Saturday, September 20, 2014

You're Pretty Amazing

Hi guys, I'm back today with two cards using the same supplies.

I started off with just making one card, but since I had the positive of the die left, I decided to make another card using it.


I decided to just make the sentiment the focal point of my card today. I grabbed my You're Pretty Amazing die by Studio Calico out of some white neenah carsdstock that I cut to 4" x 5 1/2".

Once I cut that out with my big shot I made sure I kept all the little pieces that come from inside the words. I then grabbed two colours of Simon Says Stamp ink - Mint and Audrey Blue and used my ink blending tools to ink directly on the card base. Once I had finished that, I popped up my die cut piece onto the background with foam adhesive. I then adhered all the tiny little pieces from the die in the spots they were meant to go - honestly, this took forever, never gonna do that again.


To finish off the card, I grabbed some enamel dots by Freckled Fawn and some twine from Divine Twine and tied a bow at the top of the card. That finished up my first card.

This is my second card I made - this most definitely is the one I prefer.


For my second card, I used the Square Lattice stencil by Heidi Swapp to create the background. Once again I used Mint and Audrey Blue ink by Simon Says Stamp to ink over the stencil and create the background. I then grabbed my Translucent Embossing Paste by Wendy Vecchi and applied that over the stencil as well. 

Once that piece had dried, I then took the positive from the previous piece that had been die cut and stuck it to the front of the card with more foam adhesive. 


I then scattered some enamel dots around the sentiment and the card was complete.

Thanks for stopping by today!
- Eloise




No comments:

Post a Comment