Monday, October 6, 2014

Christmas Card Series - Christmas Tags & Card (w/ video)

Hi guys, I'm back with another post in my christmas card series, today with a short video of 1 of the tags featured in my post today.


These are the tags I made ft the Tags A Lot die set by Mama Elephant. I'm gonna get so much use out of this tag set - it is amazing. Mama Elephant has done such a great job with this set, so many unique tags also. Anyway, these are super simple tags, I basically just used stamps and ink, with a little card stock to create these tags, so they can be easily mass produced.


This is the card I featured in the video, it actually started out as a card, but then changed it to a tag. The video will be posted below.


This is a card I made with these tag dies also. I had the card base already made, from a previous project and decided to use it for this card. Basically for the background I just used the Starry Nights stencil by Memory Box with some white embossing paste. While I was letting that dry I started on the other pieces for the card. 

I am absolutely in love with this Carnival Cupcakes set by Mama Elephant, it is just SO cute! Anyway, I stamped him on some distress watercolour paper by Tim Holtz and then used the santa from Cozy Christmas by Mama Elephant also and stamped that on watercolour paper also. (This was inspired by melaniadeasy who I found on instagram, I will post a picture below).

URL: http://melaniadeasy.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/october-mama-elephant-and-me-challenge.html


I water coloured the lion and santa hat from santa with some Kuretake Gansai watercolours and then fussy cut them both out and went around them with a memento marker.


I then used one of the tags from the Tags A Lot set and used some paper from Basic Gray's 25th and Pine line. I also cut the little reinforcer. After making the tag up, I adhered the little lion and hat together and adhered the lion to the card. I then used the styleboard die collection by Maggie Holmes and cut out a banner, then stamped 'season's greetings' on it from the WPlus9 set Merry and Bright stamp set. I then adhered that under the lion. I took some Lawn Fawn twine from my stash and created a bow on top of the tag. I then adhered the tag onto the card base with some foam adhesive and the card was complete.



Thanks for stopping by today & I hope you enjoyed the video!
- Eloise

No comments:

Post a Comment