Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Thanks

Hi all, I'm back from a long break. I sorta deserted my blog / youtube for a while there.
I had a lot of problems at work since my last post and just couldn't work on my blog or youtube channel at all. I then went on a holiday to New Zealand for christmas / new years and now I'm back and ready to start up my blog / youtube channel again!

So today I'm back with a super simple card using my brand new Mama Elephant inks I just received in the mail when I got back home and a stamp set and die also from Mama Elephant. I also used a die by Wplus9.


To create this card I started off with a Neenah Desert Storm cardbase cut to 4" x 5 1/2" - this is my go to size for a card, because I like the skinner longer look. I then used another random piece of cardstock and used a heart die by Wplus9 and die cut it out of the cardstock. 

I then used the negitive portion of the cardstock and covered the desert storm cardbase with it. I used the Water Blooms stamp set by Mama Elephant and their pigment inks to stamp inside the heart - making sure to overlap to get the shape of the heart. Once I had finished stamping I removed the cardstock piece off the cardbase to reveal the heart shape. (I hope this makes sense, I should have taken photos or filmed this card..)

To finish off the card I cut the thanks die by Mama Elephant out of some white cardstock and then again out of fun foam and adhered them together and then onto the card. I then grabbed some white enamel dots by Doodlebug and added them to the centre of the flowers I could see and the card was complete.

The inspiration for this card was from a card made by May.


URL : https://mayholicraft.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/waffle-flower-clean-and-simple-christmas-card-giveaway/

I was really inspired by the coloured inks on the kraft cardstock & how they made the shape of a christmas tree. :)


Thanks for stopping by today and I will have more videos coming soon and will try and make a weekly series for you guys!

- Eloise





No comments:

Post a Comment