Sunday, April 5, 2015

Hoppy Easter Goodie Bag (Video)

Hello everyone! Today I have another video for you guys and I'll be making a super easy and quick easter goodie bag and I'll be sharing some ways of making these less product heavy. I only made 1 in this instance, but if I was going to mass produce them, I wouldn't have made them so product heavy.

Anyhow, this is the goodie bag I made in todays video.


Okay, so basically all I did for this goodie bag was just die cut the Goodie Bag die from Lawn Fawn - this is honestly one of my favourite ever dies. I use this for christmas gifts, small birthday gifts, everything. So anyhow, I ran that die through my big shot twice out of some Sea Glass Cardstock by Simon Says Stamp. I then used my Pretty Pink Posh - Stitched Border 1 dies and cut that out of some Green Apple Cardstock so I could have a grass-y base. I then stamped out all the images and coloured them in with copic markers. For the sentiment I stamped that out in Versafine Onyx Black ink using the Honey Bunny stamp set by Mama Elephant and then die cut that out with the A Birdie Told Me die set by Lawn Fawn. I adhered the scene together then assembled the bag, tied a double bow on top and it was complete.

I hope you enjoy the video!



Okay, so I loved the way this bag turned out, very simple and quick to make. But, if I was gonna make a ton of these as little gift baggies I would not want to use that much coloured cardstock or use my copics and colour each image. It would just be too product heavy, in my opinon. So here I'm gonna share a few tips to make this not so product heavy. Because this is just a goodie bag - honestly most people I think would just throw this out after they eat the goodies. So.. 

1. I would just find some cheap white cardstock to make the goodie bags out of.

2. To colour the goodie bag and grass piece, you could just mask off the other parts of the goodie bag and just colour the front of the bag with some blue distress ink. The whole bag doesn't have to be blue. For the grass you could still use the border die and just colour that part with some green distress ink.

3. For colouring the images, unless you want to use coordinating dies (but honestly, I found it pretty quick to cut out with scissors) you could use a sponge dauber or mini ink blending tool and use some grey or whatever colour distress ink and colour the bunny in and then just take a pink marker or pencil and colour the inside of the ear / nose if it bothers you to have it all grey. You could do the same thing with the eggs and then just colour over the base colour in the dots with a pencil or marker. I don't think you have to use expensive markers or pencils for this - I just use these because I have them.

4. For the green grass inside, it was only cheap for me to get my hands on this. But maybe even a cheaper option would just to get some green crate paper and cut the grass yourself by hand. You could probably get a lot more for your money and you don't have to use as much as I did in my video.

5. For the last point, you don't have use a double lot of twine or twine at all. It could just be a single strand of twine or just leave the bag open, I think both options would be cute.

I hope these tips were helpful and I hope you enjoyed.

Thanks for stopping by!
- Eloise



No comments:

Post a Comment