Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thanks So Much (Video)

Hi everyone! Today I have another video for you guys.

I'm currently in the process of sort-of moving house.. so I'm packing up mostly everything but just keeping out supplies that I use and need all the time. 

So, I deliberately kept my Prismacolor Pencils out because I spent a lot of money on them and needed to use them. So before I started this card I decided to store my pencils differently and I'll show you that in my video - it's nothing new or original I've just seen it around and thought it would be perfect for me. :)

So anyhow, before the video I did some practising to find out how these pencils work best for me. So I found out for myself, that I think I like using these just how I use copics. Start with the light, go in with the medium. Then instead of going back to the light - how I would with copics, I use gamsol instead to blend the two together. Once they are blended I move onto the darkest colour. Then I use gamsol once again to blend that in with the previous two colours. I hope this makes sense. I will show in the video what I mean. I also sometimes switch it up, but I find when I did all 3 colours at first, the dark over powers all the colours. So I think I will be sticking with the first way - just like I use my copics.

Okay, enough babbling, this is the card I made in today's video. 


I used the Mama Elephant Freestyle Florals and Simon Says Stamp Hand Lettered Winter Wishes. I love the sentiments in this set - the handwritten-ness? of them, haha. They're gorgeous. I just LOVE Kristina Werner's handwriting. So anyhow, I basically just stamped out those flowers & leaves with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and used Clear Embossing Powder from Simon Says Stamp to cover the black and then heat embossed it so I could have some raised lines. I then coloured those in my Prismacolour Pencils. Arranged them on the card, stamped the sentiment, also in Versafine Onyx Black Ink and then adhered that on a piece of Green Apple Cardstock also by Simon Says Stamp and then adhered that onto a card base and that was it.

How I Store: my coloured pencils. I just took them out of the huge case - I only have a small work area and having the big box out all the time, I found it was harder to choose colours and more awkward. So I just used two IKEA jars. I have linked them below, but as you can see they have lids. All I did was just take pliers and ripped off the metal holding the lid on and threw those away so the pencils would fit. :)

Here is the video, I hope you enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by today!
- Eloise


No comments:

Post a Comment