Saturday, May 23, 2015

Wishing You (Video)

Hi everyone, I'm back again today but with a card process video. Lots of videos this week sine I got my internet back, but there was a few that I've been wanting to do.

Anyhow, back to the card. Today I'm gonna be using some watercolours that I've had since January and just have not got a chance to use them and to be honest, I sorta forgot I had them for a while there. The watercolours I'm using are the Sai Watercolours and I really like them.


So this is the card I made. I started off with wanting to use the Freestyle Florals stamp set by Mama Elephant to stamp out the flowers - I just LOVE this set, it's one of my most favourite ever. I then used some Tim Holtz Watercolour Cardstock and then my MISTI along with some Versafine Onyx Black to stamp out the flowers. Once I finished stamping the background, I coated it with Clear Embossing Powder from Simon Says Stamp and heated it with my heat tool. I then adhered it down to my board with some painters tape and started watercolouring. Today I'm using the Sai Watercolours for the first time to colour in my flowers. All I did to use them was scribble them on an acrylic block and pick up the colour with a paint brush. I quite like these watercolour pens.

So now that the watercolouring is done, I moved on to die cutting the sentiment. I first cut the 'wishing' sentiment using the wishing die by Simon Says Stamp out of the panel that was watercolored. I made sure I kept all the little extras that fell out so I could create the inlayed die-cut look. I then die cut 2 of the wishing sentiment out of white cardstock and then 1 out of gold foil cardstock. I put some cheap adhesive on some typing paper and adhered that to the back of the panel so the adhesive showed through and then stuck one of the white cardstock pieces inside to create that inlay look. I then got all the little pieces from when I first die cut the sentiment out of the panel and adhered them all into place. Now I layered the rest of the sentiment pieces - the white die cut piece and the gold die cut piece onto the other sentiment already adhered into the watercoloured panel to create a layered die cut look.

Once that was done, I used a piece of Liquorice Twist cardstock by Bazzill for the sentiment 'you the happiest birthday' from the Sending and Wishing set by Simon Says Stamp to be stamped on with some Versamark ink and then that was white heat embossed with some white embossing powder by Simon Says Stamp and heated that with my heat tool also. I then adhered that onto the panel just overlapping the sentiment a little bit with some foam adhesive. I then grabbed some Green Apple Cardstock by Simon Says Stamp and cut down a piece to 4" x 5 1/2" to adhere onto my Neenah Solar White card base, this is also cut to 4" x 5 1/2" - my favourite card size to make. I then put some foam adhesive onto the back of the watercoloured panel and adhered it to the card base and that was it. :)

Here's the video!


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed! 
- Eloise


No comments:

Post a Comment