Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Day Five | Season's Greetings (Video)

Hello everyone! Today I'm here with Day Five of the Christmas Card Series for this year. Today I'm gonna be creating a simple design that you could mass produce if you wanted too, using WPlus9 stamps, Simon Says Stamp inks and the MISTI tool.


So this is the card I made for todays video. It is a pretty simple design, but I think it's quite lovely and would be nice and quite easy to mass produce. So to start off I stamped out all of my images using my MISTI. I just stamp them in steps to make it faster. So I first did the first layer of the poinsettias, then the second layer on all, then the third layer on all and then the middles of them. I then moved onto the leaves and did the same steps. I then die cut them all out using the coordinating dies. 

To create my background panel I used the Index Card dies by Mama Elephant I first die cut out the gold piece out of the scalloped frame in the set (which I apologise for the bad photo of it, the camera doesn't capture it well at all) I then used the other frame which is the rectangular one in the set and cut out the centre of the scalloped piece. I then used Neenah Solar White in the 80# weight and cut out another rectangular piece to slip inside the scalloped piece - I just did it the long way to save on gold cardstock. I then used some tape at the back to hold them together, so it would be easier to adhere. I then used some Versafine Onyx Black Ink to stamp out the sentiment which is from the Merry and Bright set by WPlus9 onto the white panel. I then took some adhesive and adhered my panel onto my card base which is Desert Storm cardstock by Neenah also and it's cut to 4" by 11", scored at 5 1/2" to create a 4" x 5 1/2" card base.


For the poinsettias, I adhered down the leaves directly onto the card. I then used some 3M foam adhesive to adhere down the smaller poinsettias onto the card. I then took some taller foam adhesive from American crafts to adhere down the large poinsettia. I wanted different heights of them to create a nice effect. I then went over the images with my clear wink of stella pen and the card was complete. 

The video for you to watch is down below. :)



I hope you enjoyed the video and card today. I love hearing from you so feel free to leave comments!
I will be back again soon with Day Six.
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment