Sunday, November 15, 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Day Four | Season's Greetings (Video)

Hello everyone, today I'm here with day four of the Christmas card series for this year. Today I'm using a non-christmas stamp set to create a christmas card. I like to use all my critter sets all year round and dress them up to fit any occasion or holiday.

This is the card I made today, I used the Charmed set by Mama Elephant as the main focus for the card today and then used a couple of christmas themed stamp sets to make it holiday like.


So to begin my card, I stamped out all the images on some Neenah Solar White cardstock with some Memento Tuxedo black ink. I used the Charmed set by Mama Elephant  for the owl, wreath and banner. The Baah Humbug set by Lawn Fawn for the little santa hat and the Merry and Bright set by WPlus9 for the sentiment and to stamp that sentiment I just curved the stamp on my block and stamped it down onto my banner image. I then coloured all those images in with Copic markers. All the colours will be listed below in the supply links at the end of the post. Once they were all coloured, I used all the coordinating dies from the sets I used and I put some foam adhesive on the back of all the pieces.


I then took a piece of Neenah Solar White card tock once again and cut it down to 3 3/4" by 5 1/8". I then took some Distress Ink in the colour Tumbled Glass and using a round mini ink blending tool, I started in the middle of the paper more towards the top started lightly blending in a circular motion, until I liked the way it looked. I then adhered all my die cut pieces over that blended piece. To finish off my card I used a 4" by 11" piece of Neenah cardstock scored at 5 1/2" to make a card base that measures 4" x 5 1/2" and then adhered a piece of Lipstick Red cardstock by Simon Says Stamp over the cardbase (that piece is cut to 4" x 5 1/2" as well) and then used some fun foam to adhere my focal piece onto the card and that was it.

The video is linked down below.



I hope you enjoyed the video and card today and I'll be back soon for Day Five. :)
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment