Thursday, November 5, 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Day One | Merry Christmas (Video)

Hello everyone, today I'm here with Day One of my Christmas Card Series for this year! I'm hoping to have around 12 videos before Christmas, but I'm not sure just yet as I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but let's get onto the card.


This is the card I made for today's video. One of the things I like to do with christmas cards is use other stamp sets in my collection and make them christmassy. Granted there are two christmas sets used here also, but for the image, this Ella and Friends set by Mama Elephant isn't a christmas set and really is the main focus of the card, but just by adding a santa hat to him/her, it instantly becomes christmassy and that's what I love to do. 

Not everyone - including me has a ton of money to spend on new craft supplies, a lot of the time I save up little by little or sell old supplies - mainly stamps, to buy new craft supplies. So I love being able to use product over and over again for many different purposes. So this is what I did here. As I said before, that santa hat instantly made a non-christmas stamp set christmassy, also that tree image there is from an older christmas set by Mama Elephant called Cozy Christmas, but for the last three years without fail I've used this set for multiple christmas cards. So sometimes you don't always need brand new sets to make new cards. Even though, I love new sets too and I do save to get them.. but you just sometimes have to use what you have. :)


So anyway, I basically just made that background with distress inks and then copic coloured in those images to make the scene. I then used another set by Mama Elephant for the greeting and white heat embossed it onto the coloured background. I used a white gel pen to do the snow falling in the background and I then adhered the panel onto a Neenah card base covered in a scrap piece of patterned paper from my stash. Such a cute card, in my opinion and I just loved the way it turned out.

The video is linked below.


Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be back soon for Day Two of this years Christmas Card Series. I'll see you then!

- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment