Monday, November 23, 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Day Six | Happy Holidays (Video)

Hey everyone, today I'm here for Day Six of my Christmas card series for this year.

For todays card I'm just creating a little scene using a Neat and Tangled stamp along with some trees from a Mama Elephant set also.


So to start off the card I stamped out all the images using my MISTI stamping tool on Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock, which is my absolute favourite cardstock. I also used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink as thats a copic friendly ink. I then began colouring my trees, because there were 3 of them and I didn't want to use a lot of copic marker ink, I used my distress inks to colour them in. Also, I knew I was going to fussy cut these to the line, so it was easy enough to go over the lines. It would have been a lot harder if I had used dies or something. Anyway, I used Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn to colour those in - I did mask over the top of the middle tree as I wanted to colour the stand and star in with copics. Because I had my distress inks and craft sheet out, I decided to colour in the background before putting the items away.

For the background, I just used a large sticky note and cut a hill to create a mask. I masked off the bottom portion of the card and inked the top half using Tumbled Glass distress ink. I then removed the mask and went to ink the bottom of the card - but it didn't work too well so I just cut an additional piece of Neenah cardstock and cut a hill with my scissors - you could use a die to create this if you're not comfortable free hand cutting it. I then used Pumice Stone on the additional piece of cardstock to make it look more like snow. I then adhered that piece to the bottom of the blue piece.


I then moved on to colouring the girl. For the little girl I used various copic markers and they are all listed below in the links. I then fussy cut out all the images. Before moving on to adhering them onto my card, I took out some white mist and tapped it on all over the background to make it look like snow is falling. I then dried it with my heat tool so I could begin adhering the images on top. I used 3M Foam adhesive to adhere all the images down onto the background for some dimension. I then stamped out the sentiment. I used a scrap of Banana Split Cardstock by Bazzil and stamped out the sentiment in some Versafine Onyx Black ink. I then used my scissors to fussy cut that sentiment on the line also. I then adhered that piece onto my panel as well. To finish up the card I used some wink of stella clear glitter and added that onto some of my images.

The video is linked down below.




I hope you enjoyed the video and card - I'd love to know what you think in the comments below or at YouTube. I really love to hear from yous!
Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll be back soon for Day Seven.
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment