Sunday, November 8, 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Day Two | Merry Christmas (Video)

Hello everyone! Today I'm here with day two of the Christmas Card Series for 2015 and today I'm here to show you some mass producing of some Christmas cards with the MISTI and along with that I'm using WPlus9 stamps and Simon Says Stamp inks.


So before I started the stamping process on these cards I prepped a little bit for the 10 cards I was going to make. So I gathered together 10 card bases (cut to 4" x 11" - then scored at 5 1/2"), then 10 pieces of the green card stock (cut to 4" x 5 1/2") then last was 10 pieces of Neenah solar white 80# card stock (cut to 3 3/4" x 5 1/8"). So that was basically all my prep for these cards. I then grabbed out all the colours I was going to use and my stamp sets. This is the best way to prep for mass producing is to get everything cut and organised before you start.


To begin my stamping I first stamped the "merry" part of the sentiment, so I grabbed a piece of paper, put it into my MISTI and added the sentiment on top of the paper inside the MISTI. I then picked up the sentiment with the "door" of the MISTI and then inked it up and stamped it down and before I removed the sentiment from the MISTI, I stamped all 10 pieces before I removed the sentiment from the MISTI so then I could get them all in the same places. For the "christmas" part of the sentiment, I grabbed an acrylic block for this and stamped them under the "merry" part on all 10 cards.

Then it was time to begin my stamping. I just moved through all the images stamping the images that were going to be in the same colour at a time. I made sure I stamped the same images on all 10 cards so they would all stamp in the same place before I moved onto the next section of the card.


Once all of the stamping was now complete I moved onto the smaller layers of each stamp and generally I just used an acrylic block for the small layers as it was easier than putting small stamps on my MISTI, but for like the lines of the leaves and middles of the flowers - it didn't matter if they didn't stamp perfectly where they were supposed to, so that's why I decided it would be quicker to just use a block instead. After it was all stamped out I went through and adhered the pieces of card stock to the card bases all at the same time, then took the stamped panel and adhered that onto the now green card base. I then quickly used my wink of stella in the clear to colour over the flowers to give them some shimmer.

That finished up all 10 cards and now I have some super easy cards to give to people at christmas time and honestly, with the MISTI tool this took no time at all for 10 cards. The time it took me to complete all 10 of these, it sometimes takes me that long just to create one card! Especially with colouring images. :p

Anyhow, the video is linked down below.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're enjoying the card series for this year, there are plenty more videos to come!
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment