Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Day Three | Merry Merry Merry (Video)

Hi there! Today I'm bringing you Day Three of the Christmas Card Series for this year! This card is inspired by the card I did on Day One of the series. I just loved using the elephant with a santa hat added and him/her holding the star. It was super cute and I wanted to replicate the look today. It's not exactly the same design - but a similar scene.


So to start off my card today I worked on the background. I first die cut this scalloped piece out using a Mama Elephant die cut set and some Tim Holtz Watercolour Cardstock. I then masked off the bottom portion of my panel because I wanted to blend in a different colour there. So I used Distress Inks for the background, blending up from a light to a dark to create an ombre / gradient look. I then used a little Pumice Stone to create the "snow" look a the bottom - I could have kept it white, but instead I used a little grey which actually turned out to be too much, but it's okay.

I then used a paint brush to create some water droplets, I like this way much better than using my hand! It's quite a bit more controlled. I then also took some white mist from Mister Hueys and tapped some of that onto the background also to create the falling snow look. I then set that aside to dry.


I then moved onto the colouring, I stamped out all my little images - that little Santa hat is just the hat off Santa in Mama Elephants - Cozy Christmas set and I then coloured them in with some Copic markers - the colours used will be listed below in the product links. Once they were all coloured in I stamped the sentiment, also from Mama Elephant and used white embossing powder by Simon Says Stamp. I heat set the sentiment and assembled my scene. I then adhered some fun foam to the back of my panel and adhered it onto a 4" x 5 1/2" card base made with some Neenah Desert Storm  80# cardstock and that finished up my card.

Here is the video on YouTube.




I want to thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed. I'll be back soon with day four.
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment