Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Day Fourteen | Season's Greetings (Video)

Hello everyone! Welcome back to my Christmas Card Series for 2015 and today is the last day of the series. I've had such a great time this year making all these Christmas cards and will for sure do more series in the future!

Since this card is going up very close to Christmas time, I wanted it to be very simple. I thought up of this card for last minute cards, so if you had to give last minute cards to co-workers or what have you, this would be super simple and easy to make and you could even make it more of a complex card if it's too simple for your taste. Today I'm using one stamp and one ink pad to create this card and it literally took me 6 minutes to create 10 cards along with doing the video also.

So anyway, onto the card.


So, as I said before - very very simple card for today. I grabbed my MISTI stamping tool, 10 pre-made card bases, one stamp set (Season's Greetings by Mama Elephant) and a white pigment ink and then I was ready to begin stamping. I used my MISTI for this just to go a little faster, but honestly you could use a stamp press or an acrylic block to do this and it would be just as easy also. 

So I grabbed 10 card bases that were already pre-made out of some Neenah Desert Storm card stock. I put one of them in my MISTI tool and arranged all the stamps on top of the card base - the four snowflakes and the sentiment. Once I liked the placement I pressed down on the door of the MISTI and picked them all up - so now they're all in the spot I wanted them. I then inked up all the pieces with white pigment ink by Simon Says Stamp and stamped down onto my card base. I then replaced each piece as I went with a new card base and got to stamp down all the stamps in the exactly same place each time.


Once I stamped down all the ten card bases, I grabbed one of the smaller snowflakes, put it on an acrylic block and stamped it separately on each of the cards, getting it in approximately in the same spot each time. I could have used the MISTI, but sometimes a block is easier and that finished up all ten cards - super quick and easy and very quick to mass produce. Sometimes you just need a quick card!

The video is down below.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed the series as much as I did - even though I was sick a lot throughout it.
I'll catch you all again next time.
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment