Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Day Nine | Festive Holiday Wishes (Video)

Hello everyone! Today I'm here for Day Nine of my Christmas Card Series for 2015. I'm gonna be pumping out cards with videos over the next week and a bit as I've filmed so many videos over the past two months for this series and have fallen behind with uploading them, so here we are now two or whatever weeks till Christmas and I have a ton of uploading to do!

So anyway, onto the card. For today's card I'm going to be using some Mama Elephant stamps along with Copic Markers and Distress Inks.


So to start off my card today I stamped out all of the images from the Cozy Christmas, Christmas Spirit and Reindeer Games sets by Mama Elephant and coloured them all in with Copic Markers. I generally either move from light to medium to dark and then backwards or light to dark to medium to light, depending on my mood really. Once they were all coloured in I die cut all of my images out and then the tree with my Brother Scan and Cut Machine - I love this baby and will be doing a review on it in the near future. I just want to get my Christmas Card Series over and done with first - so it will probably happen in the new year. 

Anyhow, once they were all cut out I worked on the background panel. I cut down a piece of Neenah Solar White Cardstock and ink blended in some Distress Ink. I started off with Evergreen Bough then Pine Needles then Chipped Sapphire and ended with Black Soot then worked in reverse to smooth out all those colours and get more of a blended look. Once that was done I grabbed some White Mist by Mister Hueys and dropped on some white paint to look like snow. I then heat dried my panel with my heat tool so I could move onto stamping my sentiment. I white heat embossed a sentiment from the Jingle Greetings set by Mama Elephant.


I then die cut a snow drift from the Landscape Trio set also by Mama Elephant out of another piece of Neenah White Cardstock and adhered it flat onto my background panel. I then attached the tree flat onto the background also. I then used 3M Foam Adhesive to put onto all the backs of the images and then adhered them all onto the panel. I wanted to stack those reindeer on top of each other on the sled, since that one that's sitting just seemed perfect for the type of scene. I then mounted that background panel onto some red cardstock and then put the red cardstock onto a cardbase I made myself cut to 4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2" to create a 4" x 5 1/2" cardbase - which is a little smaller than an A2 card, but I do prefer the skinner look on the card. I then added a few hints of sparkle with my Wink of Stella pen and the card was complete.

The video is linked down below.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr



Thanks all for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed the card for today.
I'll be back again real soon.
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment