Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Day Twelve | Merry Christmas (Video)

Hello everyone, today is Day Twelve and were getting closer to the end of this series for the year as well as super close to christmas, 9 days I can't believe it!

Anyway, today I have another card that features a colourful background. I'm using a bunch of little images out of two Mama Elephant stamp sets. I also pulled in a Lawn Fawn set at the last minute of stamping due to not having a small enough stamp in the sets I was using. For the colouring portion of this card - I'm going to be using the Kuretake Gansai Watercolours as I find them very quick and easy to use.


So to begin my card I started with stamping out the background. For backgrounds like this I find it way easier to use a ton of acrylic blocks and stamp individually rather than using my MISTI tool. Just because I don't like to clean my stamps in-between use and with the MISTI since you lay then on your cardstock and then pick them up - you would need to clean them, so that's why I use acrylic blocks over the MISTI for small stamp backgrounds. So to stamp out my background I used three stamp sets, Cozy Christmas and Christmas Spirit by Mama Elephant and then at the last minute I brought in Holiday Party Animal by Lawn Fawn - just for the little music note. I stamped out all of these images using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, one because it's my favourite and two because it stays wet long enough to clear emboss over it - which I did today. I like to do this because it keeps my watercolour contained within the stamped lines of the image. Once I stamped them all and coated them in clear embossing powder, I heat set all the powder with my heat tool.

I then taped down my piece to a board and watercolored my images. I used various colours from the Kuretake Gansai 36 Watercolour set and I like to put my colour into a palette so I can water down the colour a little as I find these colours really rich and thick, so I like to water them down a little in a palette before I use them. So I coloured in the images all in really colourful colours - so not traditional at all but sometimes I like to mix it up a little.


Once all the colouring was done I tried it with my heat tool and cut down the panel a little so it would fit my card better. I then took a piece of red cardstock from my stash and  adhered it down to my card base which is made from Neenah Solar White Cardstock - cut down to 4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" to make a 4" x 5 1/2" cardbase, which is my favourite card base to make, I like the skinner look to my cards. I then foam mounted that colourful background piece to my card.

For the sentiment I wanted a simple greeting in a simple font and since I thought everyone would get sick of that 'Season's Greeting' sentiment that I've used a ton in this series I would do some masking and use this sentiment from the 'Cozy Christmas' set by Mama Elephant. So I took some washi tape and used a strip first to cover the bottom half of the sentiment and then used corners of washi tape to get up in between the 'Merry Christmas' of the top line. I then used some Versamark ink to ink up my stamp and then removed the washi tape and then stamped it down onto some black cardstock. Then when I poured the white embossing powder over it it just left the 'Merry Christmas" part of the sentiment, all nice and clean. I then cut down the strip, cut the left end at a angle and then adhered it onto my card also using foam adhesive. I then took some old gold glitter enamel dots by SEI and adhered 3 of them down to my card. Which I thought was the perfect finishing touch.

The video for the card is linked down below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr


Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be back soon for Day Thirteen!
See you all next time.
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment