Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hooray (Video)

Hello everyone! Today I have a fun card for you with a galaxy background.When I first saw the Space Bears stamp set by Mama Elephant I knew I wanted to do a galaxy background with it. This was my first time making a galaxy background and I wanted to do a video also. Making this card was just so much fun.


So to start off my card today I stamped out my bears from the Space Bears stamp set using my Mini MISTI and some Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 

Note: I said in my video that I didn't really care for the Mini MISTI, which is true. I don't really like it at all. I don't feel it's as good as the original MISTI - but this is just my opinion. I know that people love it for other reasons that I don't, and each to their own. I will still use it, but I will just always prefer the original. 

Anyway, back to the card. After I stamped out my images I used some Copic markers to colour them in. I then used my Brother Scan n Cut to cut around them. Once they were done I moved onto my background. To know how a galaxy looks and to get the colours right I just searched up an image on google - I do that quite often to get colours right. I used various colours of Distress Ink to do the background (they'll be listed in the supplies below). I just used the Mini Ink Blenders to do the background and just layered up the colours. I think you could get away with a few colours, but I had more colours to use, so I did. Plus, I think the other colours show through the final layer anyway and gives it a nice effect. 


Once my background was blended, I added some extras to make it look like a galaxy. I started off with some water, to create water splotches. I then used some white and silver mist and splattered that onto the background too. I wanted some shimmer so I pulled the shimmer colour in my Kuretake Gansai palette to sprinkle over the background too. I dried it off with a heat tool and added some more white paint to give a little more until I was happy with it.

I then made a moon using some circle dies and some grey Distress Inks. I adhered all these pieces together and also white heat embossed the sentiment, which also came from the same Space Beard stamp set. I adhered the panel onto some Fog Cardstock by Simon Says Stamp and then that onto a Neenah cardbase. I added a little Wink of Stella as a final touch too.

The video is linked down below and I hope you enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment