Sunday, April 10, 2016

Thank You (Video)

Hello everyone! Today I'm back with a card I made weeks ago and I'm finally getting a chance to share it with you all! Today I'm doing some stamping with Distress Inks to create a watercolour look. This set by Altenew called Watercolor Wonders is one of my absolute favourites and I knew as soon as it came out I would want to do this technique with the set.


To start off my card I had to choose Distress Inks that I knew would work well together. I chose Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn. I then started stamping the flowers. I started out with the largest flower first and stamped that with Spun Sugar. Before stamping down I used my mini mister to spray the stamp until the ink pooled up on the stamp, I then stamped down and it made a watercolour effect. I repeated this step for all the layers, making sure I dry all the layers in between.


Once the background was done I white heat embossed a thank you sentiment on some black cardstock. The sentiment is from Oriental Orchid stamp set by Altenew also. I adhered that piece onto the card with some foam adhesive. I then took some Green Apple cardstock by Simon Says Stamp - which is favourite, adhered that to a white cardbase and then adhered the watercolour panel onto the green piece at an angle. For a finishing touch I added some clear wink of stella onto the redder pieces of the flowers and the card was complete.

The video is linked down below and I hope you enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr




Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment