Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Unbelievable Birthday (Video)

Hello everyone, I'm back with another video today. Today I'm featuring the newish Loveable Legends stamp set by Lawn Fawn along with a technique I've wanted to try for a long time, Distress Ink Acetate Smooshing. It was so much fun too!



To begin my card today I stamped out my images using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on some Neenah Solar White Cardstock. I then coloured them in using a few copic markers. I then used my Brother Scan n Cut to cut them out. Once that was done, I worked on my background. I used some Tim Holtz Watercolour Cardstock and three blue Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass and Broken China. I started off with my lightest and worked my way to the darkest colour. I just smooshed down the ink pad onto the acetate and then spritzed it with my spray bottle and pressed it down onto my cardstock. I didn't dry each layer until the very end when I wanted a more full background. I then dried the piece when I was happy with it.



I then stamped out some waves from the stamp set with some Versamark ink onto the background and coated it with White Embossing Powder and then heat set them all. I stamped out my sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black and then adhered down my images with some foam tape from Scotch. My last finishing touch was to add a little Wink of Stella in the clear and then adhere my panel to some fun foam and then to a blue notecard from Hero Arts.

The video is linked down below and I hope you enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online) 


No comments:

Post a Comment