Friday, April 29, 2016

Wishing You A Magical Day (Video)

Hello everyone, today I have a card featuring the newish Be A Unicorn set by Avery Elle! I'm not really into the whole unicorn trend, but I couldn't resist this stamp set plus it's a smaller set so it's cheaper which worked well in this case. 

So for todays card I'm going to be showing a simple watercolour background using some Gansai Tambi watercolours along with some copic colouring.


To begin my card today my stamped out both the images from the Be A Unicorn stamp set with some Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then I grabbed various colours of Copic markers and coloured in my images. Once they were coloured in I fussy cut them out with some detail scissors. I then moved onto my watercolour background. I first started out with die cutting my panel first using the Wonky Stitched dies from Avery Elle and then I'm going to be starting the watercolouring. I'm using the Gansai Tambi watercolours today and I just used various blues and then the shimmer from the same set.


The watercolour paper I'm using is Tim Holtz Watercolour cardstock and that's because it's super bright white and theres a lot of white space showing on the card today. So I wet the paper first with some clean water and I then dropped in the various blues from the palette in a diagonal direction across the paper. Once I was happy with the result - making sure I'm drying it in between layers I dried it with a heat tool and then sprinkled some shimmer watercolour with a brush over the top of the watercolour and dried it again. I now stamped down my sentiment from the same stamp set also using some Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I then adhered my scene together. I then adhered my panel onto some pink cardstock and then my cardstock onto a white cardbase. I then applied some Moonshine Sequins onto the background and some glossy accents onto the hoofs and horn of my unicorn and the card was finished.

The video is linked down below and I hope you enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online)  


No comments:

Post a Comment