Saturday, May 14, 2016

It's Your Time To Take Off (Video)

Hi everyone, welcome back to my blog. Today I  have another space/galaxy themed card, but this time I'm using MFT supplies along with making an interactive card.


To begin my card today I started off with stamping and colouring my images. I'm using the MFT Out of This Word stamp set today. I stamped my images with my Mini MISTI due to stamping on textured watercolour paper. I wanted to have to option to stamp twice if I needed too. I stamped the two images with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then clear embossed over them to keep the watercolour contained when I colour them in. To colour my images in today I'm using Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers and these are so fun to use! Once my images were coloured I dried them and fussy cut them out.

I then made my background and moon. For the background I used various pinks, blues, purples, greys and a black and blended them altogether to make a fun background. I also splattered some random shimmer and paint on the background also. Check out this video to see how it was done, since it's not featured in this particular video. I then dried that with a heat tool also and made the moon. To cut the moon shape I used the edge of a piece of watercolour cardstock and an oval die and cut it out, I then also blended some greys on to make it look realistic. I also made sure that was dry before I moved on.


Now for the interactive portion of the card, I used the new Surf and Turf dies from MFT that were released in a recent card kit (it is sold out now, but the dies will become available in the coming months). I took out the curved die in the set and cut that out of the background panel. I then used the circle dies that came in the kit as well and placed one under the panel, I then adhered a spin and slide disc, also my MFT on top of that piece and then the second circle die on top of the spin and slide disc. I waited for that to be dry to check how it would work. Once it was dry I also added a second one so my image would only slide, not spin. I then adhered my rocket onto the top of both the circles.

I also adhered my alien next to my rocket on the moon. I then cut a strip of red cardstock and stamped and white heat embossed a sentiment on to it and then adhered the strip onto the top right hand side of the card. To finish up the cad I added some very dimension foam adhesive onto the back panel and then adhered it to a white card base. I then adhered some clear sequins by Simon Says Stamp to complete the background.

The video is linked down below and I hope you enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online)  


No comments:

Post a Comment