Saturday, May 7, 2016

Strike Up The Band (Video)

Hi everyone! Today I have another video for you guys featuring my new Dr. Ph Martin watercolours along with the Strike Up The Band stamp set by MFT.

I used to do rainbow backgrounds so often and I don't do them much anymore, but today I wanted to break out these watercolours and create a fun rainbow background with them.


To begin my card I started on the background. I pulled out my Dr. Ph Martin watercolours and chose 7 of the colours to use. I wet my piece of watercolour paper first and then dropped in the colour with a brush. For the green, I didn't have a green in the set I used that would work, so I grabbed a darker green from the other set I owned and then mixed it with the yellow from the previous set I was using. I finished up the watercolour panel working through the colours in rainbow order and then set the piece aside to dry.


I then pulled out the images of the mice from the Strike Up The Band stamp set and I knew I wanted them to all be facing one way so I chose the three mice that were facing to the left. I placed them all in my Mini MISTI and stamped them on a piece of Neenah Solar White Cardstock. I used various shades and colours of Copic markers and then ran them through my Brother Scan N Cut machine to cut them all out. Once they were cut out I pulled back over my water coloured panel and dried the rest of the way with my heat tool.

I then placed the panel into my Mini MISTI and stamped out the sentiment with some Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I could have used an acrylic block but I wanted to make sure my stamped impression was perfect on top of the warped and textured watercolour paper. Once I stamped my sentiment I adhered the mice down with some foam adhesive. I then popped up the panel on some fun foam and then adhered that onto a white card base. To finish off the card I added a little wink of stella for some shimmer.

The video is linked down below and I hope you enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!
- Eloise

(I now try to link to products I use to Australian stores too. Most items I buy are from Simon Says Stamp which is located in America. But I know that not all people want to purchase overseas, so I now link to Scrapbook Boutique and Craft Online for Copic Markers so that you can buy here too. Not all products are linked to both stores because Australian stores don't always stock all the products I use. But hopefully this helps out a bit! SSS = Simon Says Stamp, SB = Scrapbook Boutique and CO = Craft Online)  


No comments:

Post a Comment