Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Fluttering By To Say Hi (Video)

Hello everyone. Welcome back and today I have a card for you featuring the Backyard Bugs stamp set from Sunny Studio Stamps. I've had this stamp set for quite a while now and just haven't had the chance to use it. But I felt inspired and so I decided to make a card with it!


To begin my card today I started off with the background. I took some hearts from the Backyard Bugs and Rain or Shine stamp sets and arranged them randomly on my acrylic block and used some Versamark ink to stamp them in the center of my watercolour paper - this is by Tim Holtz since I wanted it to be bright white. Once they were heat embossed in clear embossing powder I used my Kuretake Gansai watercolours to watercolour the background, I used a pink, orange and yellow since I thought those colours would be fitting. I then set that aside to dry once it was done. In the mean time I stamped and embossed my images and coloured them in also with the Kuretake Gansai watercolours and then die cut them out with the coordinating dies.


I adhered everything together the way I wanted it and began work on my sentiment. I took a strip of black cardstock along with the sentiment from the Backyard Bugs stamp set and stamped it down with some Versamark ink and white heat embossed it. I adhered it onto the card with some foam adhesive and added a little natural twine bow to the side to match with the Desert Storm card base I had prepared for the card. I adhered down the panel with some fun foam and the card was done.

The video is linked down below.



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!

- Eloise


2 comments: