Sunday, July 24, 2016

Go Wild (Video)

Hello everyone, today I'm back finally with another video for you all! Today's card features the Jungle Friends card kit by My Favorite Things - which is sold out and it is a fairly old kit now, but you can buy the pieces I'm using today separately so that's why I'm now sharing a card with it. :)


I basically used Distress Inks today to colour in all of my animals from the Jungle Friends die set on some watercolour paper so I get a nicer blend. Once they were all coloured I worked on my background pieces. I used the Scenic Safari dies along with the Surf and Turf dies to create the different layers in the background. I also used Distress Inks to colour those in too. 


For the frame, this is from the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames also from My Favorite Things. I die cut that out of some Neenah Solar White Cardstock and adhered it with some foam tape onto my card. I then white heat embossed the sentiment from the Jungle Friends stamp set on some black cardstock and foam mounted that to my card as well. I then took a brown card base from Hero Arts and adhered the whole panel completely onto the card base. I also adhered some googly eyes onto my animals to make them look more fun and playful. 

The video is linked down below to YouTube, I hope you enjoy! :)




Thanks for stopping by today. The supplies are all linked down below.

- Eloise


2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable Ella. IIt has never occurred to me to just distress each piece of CS before die cutting and using that as my color. A great tip and thanks for sharing! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!

      I find it so much easier, rather than trying to ink blend tiny pieces! :))

      Delete