Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sea You Soon (Video)

Hello everyone, today I'm back with another card and video featuring the Mermaid for You stamp set by Lawn Fawn, I love mermaids and this stamp set is just perfect!


To begin my card today I started work on the background. I used three colours of Distress Ink along with the round blending tools and Tim Holtz watercolour paper, since I wanted it to be a bright white. I ink blended all three colours onto the background in a circular motion to have the focus in the middle of the card. I also used my favourite water splotch technique on the background, since water reacts well with Distress Inks. I didn't feel like that was enough on the background so I took the shimmer colour from the Kuretake Gansai set and flicked some of that onto the background too to give it some sparkle.

I then stamped out all of my images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and copic coloured in all my images. I also die cut them out using the coordinating dies.


I arranged all the images onto the background and popped them up on foam adhesive. I then white heat embossed the sentiment on some black cardstock and die cut it out using a banner die. I also adhered that onto the background with foam adhesive. I then used some fun foam on the back on the panel and adhered it to a blue card base. For a finishing touch I used some Wink of Stella in the clear to coat the images with to give it a more magical feel.

The video is linked down below.



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!

- Eloise


4 comments: