Hi everyone! Today I'm back with another video today, and like just the other day I'm gonna be making two cards. I'm again using MFT products, just because I have so many new items from them! So I've got this Happy Birthday To You die and I'm just doing some quick and easy watercolour wash backgrounds and die cutting the sentiment from it. So some super quick cards today and they can be used for either male or female depending on the colours you use!
So to begin my card today I started off with stamping by backgrounds. So I pulled out my large MISTI and I'm gonna be using the Transparent Triangles BG stamp from MFT and I'm just stamping that down in some Versamark Ink along with using some Clear Embossing Powder. Once I stamped both pieces and coated it with the powder I heat set them. I then taped them down to a board and began watercolouring. I'm using my Kuretake Gansai Watercolours for the background and I just created two different colour schemes of colours I knew mixed well together.
Once I did my super fast watercolouring, I dried them with my heat tool and then I could move on to my die cutting. I die cut the Happy Birthday die from each of the pieces. I made sure to keep the letters and those inside pieces for more cards! I then put foam adhesive all on the backs of those pieces and adhered them down to some white card bases. I then adhered all the insides of those letters as well. For a finishing touch I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to go inside of each of the letters, so the cards when they hit the right light will sparkle. Anyway, that finished up my cards for today, I only made two cards here, but I could have easily made four or more, I think these would be perfect for a little set of Happy Birthday cards for a gift set or something like that with all different colour schemes!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed! Also, apologises for the not so good quality photos, I wanted to get this video done and uploaded, but we had such a gloomy day here and so I couldn't take any good photos.. and I rely all on natural lighting, so again, sorry! - Eloise
Hi everyone! Today I'm back with another card and video featuring the MFT Beary Special Birthday set. Today I made two cards featuring some hexagon shaker cards and copic colouring.
To begin my card today I stamped, coloured and die cut out all my images. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink along with my Copic markers to colour today. I tried out a new colouring technique of trying to colour from where the light would be coming from. So I did all my shading on the left hand side of my images today, I think it turned out pretty neat!
Once that was all done I started working on my sequin shakers. I had coloured the bears in a certain colour scheme so I went with that when choosing the colours of sequins. First I die cut the hexagons on some Neenah Solar White cardstock and then I used the Femme Frames dies by Mama Elephant to make the piece smaller. Once that was done I could make my shaker. I took a piece of acetate and covered the hexagon pieces and then used foam tape to go all around the hexagons to make little wells and then all over the background also. Once that was done I filled each of my little wells with Pretty Pink Posh sequins. I then used a piece of white cardstock to cover the back so all my sequins stay contained.
I then flipped over my cards and arranged the front of my card. I used foam tape to pop up my images I previously coloured and then used a piece of black cardstock to white heat emboss my sentiments on. I used the Sketchy Banner dies by Simon Says Stamp since the sentiments fit perfectly on there. I also popped those up on foam tape too!
For finishing up these cards I was trying to find a colour of cardstock to match with my cards colour schemes. But I didn't like the just one colour, so I did my little trick of cutting down two pieces of the cardstock colours I like, cutting them down diagonally and then adhering them down to my card base. Now I have the two colours I liked both on my card. I then used some fun foam on the back of the panels and adhered them down to my card base also. To finish them up I used some Wink of Stella on the teddies.