Saturday, August 13, 2016

Better Together Card Trio (Video)

Hello everyone! I'm back today with a card trio featuring the Better Together stamp set by Neat and Tangled. I love this stamp set and was truly inspired by Tara over at Curl E Cues - I loved how when she used this stamp set, she matched the colours well - so that's what I did today. 


To begin my cards today I stamped, coloured and die cut my images. I used Copic markers today and there is a list below of the colours I used. Once I coloured my images I could choose my Distress Inks based on what colours I used on the kids clothes. So I chose 15 colours accordingly and used each colour on one of the hexagons I die cut with some hexagon dies.


Once that was done I die cut out some stitched rectangles out of some white cardstock. I then used my Xyron sticker machine to put adhesive on the back of my hexagons. I then arranged them in a way that looked pleasing to me and adhered them down - five per card and with the colours I chose to match with the clothes. I then worked on my sentiments - I used some Versafine Onyx black ink to stamp out three of the big words on some vellum and then clear embossed them and fussy cut them out.

Once they were done I adhered them onto the card with some multi medium matte and then stamped the coordinating sentiment either above or below with the same black ink. Now that the main panel was done I was just about ready to finish up the cards.


For the background pieces I wanted something a little more than just kraft cardstock, so I used the Fine Trimmings dies by Mama Elephant to emboss all three pieces of the kraft cardstock, just to give it a little extra. I then used fun foam to pop up the panels on the kraft cardstock along with adhering the kraft pieces onto white card bases. I then used coordinating colours of sequins on each of the cards and attached them with more multi medium matte and that finished off the card.

The video is down below.



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed!

Just before I go I wanted to share the inspiration piece!



- Eloise


22 comments:

  1. So,so adorable !!! Love them 💟👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards, Eloise! Great job on the coloring. Thanks so much for sharing with us and for participating in this great hop and giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, I had to pin them for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I love the set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great color compositions and neat backgrounds for those images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful set of cards! Love the hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the coloring, and the cool background!

    ReplyDelete