Saturday, August 27, 2016

Happy Birthday To You Set (Video)

Hi everyone! Today I'm back with another video today, and like just the other day I'm gonna be making two cards. I'm again using MFT products, just because I have so many new items from them! So I've got this Happy Birthday To You die and I'm just doing some quick and easy watercolour wash backgrounds and die cutting the sentiment from it. So some super quick cards today and they can be used for either male or female depending on the colours you use!


So to begin my card today I started off with stamping by backgrounds. So I pulled out my large MISTI and I'm gonna be using the Transparent Triangles BG stamp from MFT and I'm just stamping that down in some Versamark Ink along with using some Clear Embossing Powder. Once I stamped both pieces and coated it with the powder I heat set them. I then taped them down to a board and began watercolouring. I'm using my Kuretake Gansai Watercolours for the background and I just created two different colour schemes of colours I knew mixed well together.


Once I did my super fast watercolouring, I dried them with my heat tool and then I could move on to my die cutting. I die cut the Happy Birthday die from each of the pieces. I made sure to keep the letters and those inside pieces for more cards! I then put foam adhesive all on the backs of those pieces and adhered them down to some white card bases. I then adhered all the insides of those letters as well. For a finishing touch I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to go inside of each of the letters, so the cards when they hit the right light will sparkle. Anyway, that finished up my cards for today, I only made two cards here, but I could have easily made four or more, I think these would be perfect for a little set of Happy Birthday cards for a gift set or something like that with all different colour schemes!

The video is linked down below. :)

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed! Also, apologises for the not so good quality photos, I wanted to get this video done and uploaded, but we had such a gloomy day here and so I couldn't take any good photos.. and I rely all on natural lighting, so again, sorry!

- Eloise

SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

  1. These really are pretty cards Eloise, you have done a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete