Friday, August 12, 2016

Sunny Studio Birthday Blog Hop

Hello everyone! Today I'm here for a special reason and I'm here with lots of other designers and design team members of Sunny Studio to celebrate Sunny Studio Stamps 1st Birthday! 



That is so super exciting. I'm so proud of Mendi of her success and I'm so honoured to be apart of this amazing design team. I love Sunny Studio's stamp and die designs. They're super unique and fun.

So onto the details of the hop:

Each of us will have a $20 gift certificate to giveaway to the Sunny Studio store. All you have to do is leave us comments on our blogs and we will be choosing someone to give this away too. 

The giveaway will run through from 5AM PST Time Friday, 12th August till Midnight PST Time Monday, 15th August. So you have until then you leave us comments.

Blog Hop Order:

Eloise Blue - you are here!

Also during this birthday weekend, the Sunny Studio store will be offering 15% off all purchases. So use the code "SUNNYBIRTHDAY" at the checkout to receive this discount and take this opportunity to pick up some of those stamps sets that you've been eyeing out!

---

So the card I made for today's hop is a fun interactive halloween card. Now, I don't celebrate halloween at all, but.. I just love making halloween cards. They're so much fun to create, I love the colours.. and I don't know just everything about it! So that's why I decided to use the new Halloween Cuties stamp set for the hop today. 



So to begin my card today I started off with stamping out my images. I stamped out most of them normally except for the witch and the broom, I wanted it to look like the witch was riding the broom stick. So I first off stamped out the broom, made a mask to cover it up and then stamped the witch over top. I could have made it look more realistic by doing more complicated masking and I could of, but I think this gives a decent representation of what I was going for, so I went the simpler route. (You could have even stamped them separately and then just cut a slit at the witches hands and then slid through the broom stick handle, and that would give the same effect) I then coloured my images. I used my Misson Gold Watercolours today since they have the most beautiful colours! I made sure I stamped and embossed my images though, so watercolouring would be faster and easier. I also die cut the images out using the coordinating dies. I did some selective die cutting for the witch/broom and it came out wonderfully!

Now it was time to move onto my background, I took a piece of watercolour cardstock and used a curved die to cut it in half. Of course I used my Distress Inks since they give the best results on watercolour paper and they have amazing colours! I used Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin for the sky. The colours match Halloween along with it looking somewhat like a sunset. For the ground I used the Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters. I wanted a more olive-y grass for todays card to match the Halloween feel for it. I then did my favourite water splotch technique and then used my heat tool to dry off my background. I then adhered the two background pieces together at the back with some tape. It was at this point that I realised I didn't want a rectangular panel, so I took a scalloped rectangle and die cut the panel out of it - so it would have a little more interest and now it was time to make my slider portion. 



I used a die for my slider portion today, but you really could use a craft knife and a ruler (if you wanted it straight) or just free hand it - it would work just as well if you don't have any slider dies. I positioned it onto my background piece and ran it through my Big Shot machine. Once I had the opening cut I took two small circle die cut pieces and a couple of squares of foam tape stacked up on each other, put one circle under the opening, stacked on the foam tape and put another circle on top of the opening and that created my slider portion - I did do this twice so it wouldn't spin. I then added more adhesive and glued my witch on top. This them gave me an idea of where I could glue my other elements onto the card so it wouldn't stop the slider from working.

Before gluing down the other elements though, I took some white embossing powder and the 'happy halloween' sentiment from the Halloween Cuties stamp set and stamped it down on the bottom of my card. I could now adhere all my other elements and finish off my card with a little Wink of Stella on the images. It's gotta have shimmer if it's a Halloween card right?!

That finished off my card for today, I hope you got inspired to make a fun slider card and I just love how it looks like the witch is riding her broom stick in this one. It's so super fun! I just love interactive cards.

---

The next person on this hop is Debbie Olson - I'm sure she has an amazing card for you all to see!

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoy the rest of your hop.

Remember to leave us comments on our blog posts for your chance to win the $20 gift certificate. I will be announcing the winner of the comment on my blog post after the hop has finished - so make sure you check back to see if you're the winner!

And also, make sure you take advantage of the 15% off sale during the time of the hop also - to pick up some of your favourite stamp sets - we have a lot of inspiration over at the Sunny Studio blog so you can maybe see if there's sets you'd like to pick up!


Sunny Studio Stamps Store: http://www.sunnystudiostamps.com

Please go and like our page on Facebook and follow us on Instagram - we'd love to have you!

- Eloise

P.S - below are the links to the new products being released! :)


106 comments:

  1. Wow! Love how cheerful and bright this card is! Though I don't celebrate Halloween, would love to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on your card. I really enjoy Halloween cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your colors! Such great halloween feels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! Especially the blended sky background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card. I often struggle with Halloween cards, as that is Hubby's birthday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun colourful and interactive card... love it... Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous, fun card! I love the vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE this background. I have not done a slider card yet but today may be my day. TY for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is tooo cute! Love all the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such amazing color and interest! Love your design and

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card--Love all your happy colors and the great slider element! Thank you so much for being a part of this team and helping me celebrate our first birthday--I'm so thankful to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute cards....Love the autumn colors....thanks so much for sharing...big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just want to say how cute your card is. Kraft base with all that color is really fun! Love sliders and yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun slider card! And the colors are so bright & happy - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable....love the slider card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors you used in your card!! Your watercolor background in the slider card is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a delightful, most colorful slider card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card! I would love to see a video on how you created this slider.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a clever & wonderful design! The color choices and the creative use of the slider element serve as a perfect companion to the fun new stamps from this release. You have truly crafted a great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eeeep!!!
    This card is absolutely spectacular!!!
    What an inspiring artist you are!!! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ella ~ I LOVE THIS CARD!!! You've done such a justice to this adorable stamp set with all that beautiful coloring and blending!! Such an inspiring card and I love that you added the card front to a Kraft base. Happy 1st Birthday to Mendi and Sunny Studios!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable interactive Halloween card! Love the bright colors and all the fun details on your card! Happy 1st Birthday to Sunny Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful colored card, so adorable ! 💟

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute card, I love slider cards. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. How fun and colorful and I like the interactive feature.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Isn't Halloween the best for making cards and crafts! So cute. Thanks!
    Penny
    redheadworking at earthlink dot net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is sooooo cute, I love slider cards!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really cute Halloween card! Love it! Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  31. this card looks like so much fun to make and to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! A blast of colour and a witch that blasts off as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your awesome, colorful card.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely loved your cards and the fussy cutting. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! This card is so eye-catching! Awesome use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely loved your cards and the fussy cutting. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Eloise, have had trouble getting in to comment. Your card is sooooo cute the fussy cutting etc lots of of work.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Eloise, have had trouble getting in to comment. Your card is sooooo cute the fussy cutting etc lots of of work.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love ypur flying fox witch. Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for describing how to make the slider card without the dies. Loved your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my goodness this is CUTE! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a darling card Eloise! Love the bold colors. Happy 1st Birthday to Sunny Studio and thanks for doing this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I absolutely love your card. Not only is it adorable, I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your card is awesome!!! The details you've added are amazing!! Don't know how I could've ever thought of that type of great design!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh your slider card is so cute and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, what a pretty and colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, what a pretty and colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a cute card. Interactive cards are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh your slider card
    is awesome! Love the
    coloring and the design.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great slider card. Thank you for sharing and being part of the blog hop giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a great interactive Halloween card! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  52. AWESOME Card!! =) LOVING the NEW Release and the AMAZING Inspiration that you shared!! THANKS for the chance to WIN and have a FABULOUS Release Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Slider cards are awesome. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card, it's bright colorful and fun! I'm loving the halloween kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Fun slider card! Enjoy everything about your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  55. That is definitely a fun and fabulous Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great card, thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love the colors and that you made a slider card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Total cuteness! I absolutely LOVE it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the blended sky background, what a great color combo! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow! Cute, clever and colorful! Such a delight! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Oh so fun... looove the color of the background. It pulls everything together so well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a colorful card ! And so cute and funny, it's a great creation.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Your slider card is great! I like how you colored the sky and ground panels separately, and cut the slider across diagonally.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love your interactive Halloween card. So bright and colourful

    ReplyDelete
  65. Such a fun card! I love your bright colours - this is such a happy card! I like that it's a slider!

    ReplyDelete
  66. What a bright and fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I can tell you had so much fun making this!

    ReplyDelete
  68. For someone who doesn't celebrate hallowe'en, you sure created a great card for someone who does! So clever to have the which flying on the broom! This set is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I just adore the raccoon :) and the colors you used make the card pop.
    Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful card. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  71. I love the watercolored background with distress inks. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oh wow, I love these bright, happy colors and the cute card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  73. You card is so cute and nicely made love the effect of the water! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  74. You card is so cute and nicely made love the effect of the water! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  75. What a fabulous background and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Cute card!! Sunny Studios is amazing and I am so impressed with their product!! Congratulations Sunny Studios on one terrific year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a cute slider.
    This is the first time I've seen Sunny Studio's
    but I'll be back. The stamps are darling.
    Your coloring is great.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  78. Interactive cards are a challenge to make but so much fun for the recipient. You did a great job on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Your slider card is so cute! I really need to learn how to make one of these. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous, fun card!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  80. This is so cute and fun. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Cute slider card, and the sky colors are so vibrant. Just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Great slider card and awesome background!

    ReplyDelete
  83. What a delightfully fun and creative card - you have made such a sweet and cute interactive card - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Happy Birthday Sunny Studio. Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete