Saturday, October 22, 2016

Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day One (Video)

Hello everyone and welcome to my Christmas Card Series of 2016. I'm so excited to start sharing all my projects with you that I've created with all the new Christmas supplies I've been purchasing over the past few months. Christmas cards are my favourite kind of card to make, so I always go a little crazy with products. 

My first card for day one features Pretty Pink Posh stamps - these are the first stamps I've bought from Paulina before and I gotta say I loved them straight away when I saw them in the sneak peaks, they're so super adorable and can't wait to make more cards with these cute stamps.


To begin my card today I die cut the "Blueprint 29" Dies from My Favorite Things out of some silver cardstock. I then cut down a piece of "Perfectly Plaid" Christmas paper from Lawn Fawn down to cover the front of my cardbase. Once that was done I could stamp my images. I used Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp them on some watercolour paper. I used the "Christmas Friends", "Winter Wonderland" stamp sets from Pretty Pink Posh and the "Gleeful Reindeer" stamp set from Sunny Studio for my images. Once they were stamped, I clear embossed them with some clear embossing powder and coloured them in using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I then used all the coordinating dies to cut them out. 


Once they were all ready to go I could put together my scene. I used some more watercolour cardstock and ink blended a couple blue Distress Inks on the background so it could look like a blue sky. I then flicked some water over top to give a water splotch effect to sort of look like snow. I then dried it off with my heat tool. I then hand cut two snow hills to go in the background for my little scene behind the windows in the die. I then assembled my scene together with liquid glue and foam adhesive. Just filling up two of my rectangles. 

Once my scene was ready I stamped down the Peace and Love sentiment from the "Holiday Greetings" stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh in the left over rectangle, with some more Versafine Onyx Black ink. For a last finishing touch I added a little Wink of Stella to my images and then before adhering the focal panel onto my cardbase I added a little vellum scalloped rectangle, die cut from the "Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle Stax" from My Favorite Things and adhered that down flat onto my card as well. That finished up my card. 

The video is linked down below.




Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed and I'll be back soon with Day Two.

- Eloise


No comments:

Post a Comment