Sunday, October 30, 2016

Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day Three (Video)

Hello everyone and welcome back to Day Three of my Christmas Card Series for 2016. Today I'm using a stamp set called "Newton's Christmas Cuddles" from Newtons Nook along with the amazing "Merry Christmas" stamp from Simon Says Stamp to create this cute night time moonlight scene. I love how these little kitties are looking into the night, they're super adorable! You could even have them sitting on a roof rather than the snow bank. 


To begin my card today I stamped out the "Merry Christmas" sentiment with some Versamark ink using my Mini MISTI and then white heat embossed it. Next I stamped out my kitties from the "Christmas Cuddles" stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear heat embossed those too. Then I could work on my background. I used the "Circle Stackables" die set from Lawn Fawn here and die cut the circle out of masking paper. I first used the positive piece to mask off the yet to be moon and then used another piece to mask off the snow bank and then stamped the kitty on some, fussy cut it out and laid it over top too. Then used various Distress Inks to ink blend over top to create a night sky. 

I then pulled off the masks, laid back over the snow bank and kitties mask and then went ahead and used the negative masking paper from the circle die cut and ink blended the moon too. After that was done I sprinkled some water over top and splotched it off with a paper towel.


I then pulled out my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens and coloured in my kitties with those, using them as watercolours. Once that was coloured I heat set the entire panel and mounted it on some black fun foam and then the fun foam on the card base and that finished up the card. 

The video is linked below.



Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed and I'll be back soon with Day Four.

- Eloise


2 comments: