Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day Two (Video)

Hello everyone and welcome to Day Two! I'm super excited to be using the "Sprinkled with Joy" stamp set by Lawn Fawn today, it's so super fun and I love the interactive feature of the add on die - so super unique and I can't wait to see when I give someone this card, it's super cute!


To begin my card today I stamped and coloured in my images with various Copic markers. I decided to go with the traditional Christmas colours to colour the oven in today, but you can colour it how ever you like! Once everything was coloured I die cut it out using the add on die to make the oven interactive. I then began to die cut out all the other elements that came in the add on set of dies, to make my oven look complete. 


I used red and green cardstock that matched the colours I used on the oven and also used some white cardstock for the tag that says "open me" - so fun! To attach the tag to the oven I used some natural twine to give the card some texture and some more dimension. Have I mentioned how much I love this twine?! It's super easy to tie bows with it too. Once my oven was done I used foam adhesive on the back of it to give my card some more dimension. Careful you don't add foam tape to the door though, otherwise it won't be interactive anymore. 


To finish up the layout of my card I used my "Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle Stax" dies from My Favorite Things and cut that out of some vellum. I then used some more white cardstock and cut it a little smaller than the space inside the stitching on the die to have something more solid to adhere my tray too. I then used the "Perfectly Plaid Christmas" paper from Lawn Fawn and adhered that down to a card base. I then adhered my vellum and white piece down flat onto the card also. I adhered down my oven and then my tray inside to make it fit perfectly. 

For my sentiment, I used the "Winter Scripty Words" stamp set and stamped "oh joy" on some white cardstock with black ink and die cut it using the coordinating dies. I then used the "Extra Sentiment Banners" dies from Lawn Fawn also to cut a banner out of some red cardstock and used the partial die cutting technique to make it smaller. I adhered the two onto my card and my card was complete.

The video is down below. 



Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed and I'll be back soon with Day Three.

- Eloise


No comments:

Post a Comment