Saturday, December 17, 2016

Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day Fourteen (Video)

Hello everyone and I'm back with Day Fourteen of my Christmas Card Series for 2016 and today I'm sharing a super simple card using the heat emboss resist technique along with some water colouring.


To begin my card today I die cut a piece of watercolour cardstock with a die from My Favorite Things and then used some Versamark ink to stamp some snowflakes on using the Snowflake Flurry stamp set also by My Favorite Things. Once they were all stamped in a diagonal line I used some clear embossing powder and heat set it. I used my Gansai Tambi watercolours to colour today and just used a couple of blues and the minty green colour that comes in the set too. I just used the diagonal line as a guide of where to put the watercolour. I used a heat tool to dry it and moved on to the sentiment.


I originally stamped and embossed the sentiment from the Hand Lettered Christmas set also from My Favorite Things on some vellum but didn't like it, so went and stamped directly on the watercoloured piece and heat embossed it with some silver embossing powder. Because I embossed over embossing already the powder bled a little into each other, but it's not too bad. 

To finish up my card I die cut an oval frame using a Pretty Pink Posh die out of some white cardstock and adhered it around the sentiment. I then mounted the die cut panel onto some fog cardstock and then onto my card base and that finished up the card for today.

The video is linked down below.



Thanks for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed and got inspired. I'll be back tomorrow with Day Fifteen, see you then!

- Eloise




2 comments: