Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day Sixteen (Video)

Hello everyone, today I'm back with Day Sixteen of my Christmas Card Series for 2016 and today I'm using some Tim Holtz Stencils with Distress Inks and Embossing Paste. A very different look for me today, but I like them. 


To begin my cards today I cut down 2 pieces of Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock to 5 1/2" by 3" and taped them down to my craft sheet with the stencils over top. I'm using two different stencils today the Festive and Poinsettia stencils from Tim Holtz. I used various colours of Distress Inks and sponge daubers and added colour over the different areas of the stencil. To get a more clean look you could mask off the different areas but that seemed like too much work an I didn't mind if it was a little imperfect. Once all the colour was laid over top I used the Antique Linen colour and added a little colour around all four edges of the cardstock pieces. Since they seemed a little too white. 

I wasn't impressed with the pieces at this point and decided to add the stencils back over top and add a layer of translucent embossing paste, so I lined up the stencils perfectly and added a small layer over top and set it aside to dry.


Once the pieces were dry I could finish off my cards. I first mounted them to some gold cardstock and then added foam sheets behind both pieces. Before adhering them to my card bases I added some primitive cardstock from My Favorite Things to the card bases and then added the panels on top, using some strong adhesive. For the sentiments I used the 'Peace, Joy & Love' sentiment from the Meowy Woofmas set from Mama Elephant and white heat embossed it onto a square of black cardstock and added that with foam adhesive to the panels. For some more texture and added interest I added a twine bow at the top of each of the cards. 

The video is linked down below.



Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be back soon with Day Seventeen.

- Eloise


2 comments: