Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Card Series 2016 - Day Ten (Video)

Hello everyone and welcome back to Day Ten of my Christmas Card Series of 2016. Today I have another Mama Elephant card to show you all, using the Merry Mantle and Cozy Christmas stamp set. 


To begin my card today, I started off like I always do and stamped, coloured and die cut all my images. I'm using the Mijello Misson Gold watercolours today to do some quick and messy watercolouring. Once all my images were coloured I worked on my background. I pulled out my Bricks background die from Kaisercraft and die cut it out some some scrap cardstock, so I could use the positive piece as a mask. I then placed it over the kraft cardstock panel and ink blended a couple brown Distress Inks over top. I thought at this point I was going to throw the mask away, but when I removed it - I didn't like how the blending just looked on the kraft, so I decided to keep the mask onto and adhere it down permanently and I really love how this turned out!


I then used foam tape to adhere my scene together. I then moved on to work out what sentiment I wanted to use, since there is no sentiments in this set. So I thought I would use this sentiment from the Gleeful Reindeer stamp set from Sunny Studio. I felt it was fitting because the critters looked happy and gleeful. I just used a Lawn Fawn banner to die cut it too and a stitched rectangle die to get the stitching effect on the left side. For a finishing touch I added some wink of stella over the images and the card was complete.

The video is linked down below.



Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll be back soon with Day Eleven. 

- Eloise



2 comments: