Saturday, March 11, 2017

Hello Friend (Video)

Hello everyone! Today I'm back with another card and video. Today I'm using the Hello Friend Wishes stamp set by Mama Elephant along with Ken Oliver Color Burst. They're so fun to use and I'm pairing them with making a rainbow background today too!


To start my card today I first pulled some watercolour paper, mini mister and Color Bursts out. For my first attempt, I first sprayed the entire watercolour panel first with water, tapped on some of the colour and sprayed the colour again with the mini mister so it would move around, and repeated this step until the entire panel had been coloured in rainbow order. I then heat set the entire panel and set it off to the side. I liked the way this turned out first, the colours mixed well together - the only down side is they mixed a little too much and you lost a few colours and were over powered by others. I do love the flawless blend between the colours though.

The next time round, I sprayed the entire panel first, then added the first colour, next colour etc until I had tapped on all the colours of the rainbow around the cardstock. Once I had done that I sprayed all the colours at once and let them blend and get wet all at the same time. This time, you don't get the flawless blend like you did the first time, but you see more of the individual colours, which is nice. I then heat set this panel too and now I could heat emboss my sentiment.


I took the Hello Friend Wishes stamp set from Mama Elephant and my Mini Misti, lined up the panel inside and the sentiment. I first applied my powder bag to the background, then inked up the sentiment and stamped down. I did this on both panels and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. 

To finish up the cards I foam mounted the panels onto two card bases and then added some Sparkling Clear Sequins onto my background with some glue. 

The video is linked down below.



I hope you enjoyed my card today and the short video! 

I'll be back soon with hopefully a new video series. :)

See you then!

- Eloise



2 comments: