Friday, May 5, 2017

Craftie Cafe - Happy Mother's Day (Video)

Hi everyone! Today I'm here for Craftie Cafe and I have another Mother’s Day Card for you all and today I’m using the Cutaway Alpha stamp set from Waffle Flower along with the Bold Blooms stamp set from My Favorite Things. For my stamping today I’m also trying out the new to me Stamp Master Tool from Marianne Designs – which I am completely in love with!


To begin my card today I pulled out the Stamp Master Tool and also the Cutaway Alpha stamp set. I put into my tool a piece of watercolour paper and then used the square acetate grid over top of the piece of paper. I lined up my letters using the help of the acetate grid to make sure I got the letters centred. I could only stamp ‘Mother’s Day’ first, but used a letter at the top to ensure that I left enough space to stamp the rest of my sentiment on top. I inked up my sentiment with Versamark Ink stamped down and then inked it up again and stamped down, to make sure I got a good impression. I coated my sentiment with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it with my heat tool. I then repeated the process to stamp the ‘Happy’ at the top of my panel as well. Once everything was stamped and heat set I could start my water colouring.

I pulled out my Color Bursts for this and instead of tapping them onto my project today, I tapped them into a palette first and added water and then water coloured with them this way. It sort of defeats the purpose of the look of Color Bursts, but all I wanted was a watercolour wash to let that heat embossing resist it and show up more, so it worked super well for that. I then heat dried it with my heat tool, splattered on some water droplets and dried it off again. I really love how the background turned out!


Now my background was done I could work on my flowers. I pulled out the Bold Blooms stamp set from My Favorite Things and also a couple of Altenew Inks and stamped them out using the Stamp Master Tool once again. This is a simple layering set and so I just followed the guides on the top of the stamp set to see which stamps went together. Once they were stamped I used the coordinating dies to cut them all out. I then arranged the flowers on the top right and bottom left hand corners of my card and adhered them with liquid adhesive and foam tape. For a finishing touch I added some enamel dots in coordinating colours to give the card a little something extra.

The video is linked down below.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ellaahrawr


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you were inspired to make some Mother’s Day cards, but really with this design and stamp sets I used – you could easily change up the sentiment and make it for a different occasion. The possibilities are endless with a letter stamp set. Also this Stamp Master Tool is incredible! Obviously it’s made cheaper and doesn’t come with all the things a MISTI does, but the price point is amazing and does the basic function of what a MISTI tool does – I encourage you to check it out if you’re on the market for a stamping tool like this!

Anyway, again thanks for stopping by today and I’ll catch you all next time!

- Eloise

-- SUPPLIES --

Craftie Cafe Supplies:

My Favorite Things – Bold Blooms Coordinating Dies (https://www.craftiecafe.com.au/my-favorite-things-die-namics-bold-blooms)

Others:

Clear Embossing Powder
Versamark Ink
Embossing Tool
Altenew Inks – Roze Quartz, Puffy Heart, Bamboo, Parrot
Foam Tape
Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock
Neenah Cardstock


No comments:

Post a Comment