Thursday, May 11, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh May Product Release Blog Hop (Video)



Hi everyone! Welcome to the May Product Release Blog Hop hosted by Pretty Pink Posh! I'm so excited to be here along with a ton of other amazing designers for this blog hop!

There are 25 different designers over the two days of this blog hop, so make sure you follow along to each of them to see a lot of inspiration!

-------------------------------------------------------------

There are four $25 gift certificates to be given away in this blog hop (two per day). So make sure you leave comments on the blog's comments to be entered and they will then be picked randomly and announced on the Pretty Pink Posh blog. Make sure you leave comments by 11:59PM PST time on the 17th May 2017 to be entered into the giveaway!

So now onto the hop. The entire blog hop list is down below! 

Eloise Blue - You Are Here!
Virginia Lu







-------------------------------------------------------------


Now let's get onto the card I made. I used the new Woodland Critters, Stitched Hexagon Dies and 4mm/6mm Navy Sequins. Along with the previously released Blissful Butterflies and Camping Friends sets. 


To begin my card today I first went ahead and stamped down all my images from Woodland Critters and coloured them in with Copic Markers. I then used the coordinating dies to cut them all out. Once my images were ready I went ahead and worked on the background. 

I used the new Stitched Hexagons dies and cut four of them out of some white cardstock to create some windows in my card panel. I then took a piece of watercolour cardstock to place behind the panel and traced around each hexagon onto the watercolour cardstock and then I could ink blend on the background. 

I took some Distress Inks and coloured each of the traced hexagons on the background, to make them look like a night time scene. I also used some masking tape to cut hills so I could mask over the bottom of each of the hexagons, to colour them green to look like grass. Once everything was ink blended I flicked on some water, picked it up with a cloth and heat set it with a heat tool.


I added foam tape all on the back of my white die cut panel and adhered it over top of the ink blended background and then adhered down all my images into each window. I even added butterflies - I don't know if they were the best thing to add into a night scene, but I wanted something to fill the sky - so they are there anyway. Haha!

For my sentiment I wanted to use a sentiment from the Woodland Critters set but they wouldn't fit, so I pulled out the Blissful Butterflies stamp set and white heat embossed the hello on some black cardstock and then used the coordinating die to cut it out. I foam mounted that on a banner I had cut from some yellow cardstock and adhered it onto my card. I took a black marker to add some stitched lines onto the side of the banner so it tied in with all the black outlines. 

To finish up my card I went ahead and added some Navy sequins around my card and also added a moon I coloured with Copic Markers to the top from my card from the Camping Friends stamp set and that completely finished up my card. 

I hope you enjoyed my card today. If you want to see the video it's linked below. 



Thanks so much for stopping by today, if you want to be entered into the giveaway make sure to leave a comment and the next stop on the hop is the amazing Virginia Lu!

- Eloise

Pretty Pink Posh New Release:




Others:








83 comments:

  1. These little Woodland Critters are adorable. I love the nighttime scene you created in the windows. The coloring is wonderful. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use these sweet critters. I love finding new ways to "display" my images. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Take Care
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the woodland critters.....so adorable❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and the video is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative way to use several darling images. Your coloring is awesome. Thanks so much for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bear, bird and squirrel are my favorite images. They are just so sweet looking. Your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Eloise, you've done it again! Your scenes are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing.
    And this card is soooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very adorable card!!! Love those Hexagon dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card....I just love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome coloring on your darling card! Love the fun hex windows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, I love your design! Awesome card, as usual! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Eloise, what a unique design using those cute critters and hexagons! That's also quite the supply list to make one lovely card. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool way to use these hexagon dies and create starry night windows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh! I love the frames and the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun and creative! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these little critters!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute with woodland critters and hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm just falling in love with those little animals every time I'very seen them. Very Cute Card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG so cute.💙 thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG so cute.💙 thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these little windows.
    Have to get some of these dies.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the hexagon shapes, they add such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Woodland Critters and your card design!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how you have used the hexagon die with these darling stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is so cute! Those little Woodland Critters are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very fun card design! Your night sky is beautiful! Absolute love the adorable little woodland critters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cool card design. I love how you incorporated all the adorable Woodland Critters in your design. Love the background you created, it sets the images off perfectly. Now I am off to check out your process video!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, love the card, especially the hexagons. Really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow your card look so amazing. I really like the distressed background.♥
    Many thanks for your wonderful inspiration.
    Hugs
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, great card. So detailed and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute love all the cut out windows

    ReplyDelete
  33. Soooo cute! I love the 'windows'.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the window theme of your card...it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This card is so adorable! Love the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your darling woodland creatures! This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome card. Love the cute critters:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Clever use of several different stamp sets and gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  39. BEAUTIFUL!! LOVING LOVING LOVING the New Release and your AMAZING Card!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the window effect and your wonderful night skies. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  41. The critters are so cute! I have seen so many different cards using them. It is amazing how versatile they are!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the night scene. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you for this lovely card. It's a great inspiration for me. Your idea of the little "windows" is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Really adorable card. In fact I love this entire release for sheer cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  45. The woodlawn critters are such a great addition and your card showcasing them with the Hexagon stitched dies is perfection!! Great card and love the deep blue sky as well!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your card. Great video and love the idea die cutting openings and blending backgrounds then adhering die piece. The cute darling images are place beautifully. So creative and great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the night sky background - and the critters, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Pretty work....I like how you used the hexagonal with the newly released stamps. Excited too to see the navy sequins on your card as I ordered some a few days ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. The Woodlawn animas are so cute, I really like the scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow - I love how you used the hexigon dies with all of the other stamped images! great card.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Awwww...... Those are such cute animals! I love how it looks like they are sitting inside the hexagons, like they are on a shelf. Great job and great coloring. I hope I win something!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love your card! Those critters are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful card, and lovely video!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great card!! You've used the hexagon dies and the critter stamps so well together!! Every element is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  55. The hexagon cutouts are really cute and so are all the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  56. The hexagon cutouts are really cute and so are all the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  57. These are such adorable little critters!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very sweet card! I love Copics for coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  59. This is super cute and I really like how you do dark to light - I've heard of that before but didn't know the reasoning behind it. I can't wait to try it your way and save some time and ink!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  60. Super cute project. Love those little critters. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  61. Oh Em GEE - cutest card ever!! Love the way you created a scene using those adorable critters and the hexagon dies!! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Adorable card, beautifully colored!! Love this release and blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Cute card. Love the woodland critters.

    ReplyDelete
  64. What an awesome card! Love the scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  65. How creative! The hexagons are great!

    ReplyDelete