Hello everyone! I'm back with another card share.
I've had so many problems with my power lately, so I've had no internet, no power on my laptop.. it's been so bad.
Anyway, I did get to record a video today, until my camera battery died, but that will be up tomorrow or Friday hopefully! So now that my power is fixed, I'll hopefully get to record some more videos during the weekend. :)
So this is a card I made quite a few days ago that I've been meaning to upload for days, it's never too early to start on christmas cards in my opinion, I just love making christmas cards. :)
This will be the first card in my christmas series. I will have some videos during the series, but not all card posts will have videos.
I've been loving this Pretty Poinsettia set by Wplus9 lately, it's one of those building image stamp sets. I bought it last year, but it didn't arrive until after christmas, so I never got a chance to use it. But this year, I've been makin' so many cards with it. :)
So first I stamped the main image on some distress watercolour paper with somIe festive berries distress ink, I then added a little bit of water to a brush and went over it to make the image more solid, plus I wanted a watercolour look also. I then took a darker distress ink colour - fired brick and stamped the other part of the poinsettia stamp over top to have some darker parts and repeated the same step. I used the rest of the layering stamps to complete my image and then did the same thing for the leaves. I hope this makes sense.
Once my images were complete I ran them through my big shot with the coordinating dies. I set those pieces aside and started on my card base. I cut a piece of Neenah Desert Storm card stock and cut it down to 4" x 11" to make a 4" x 5 1/2" card. I then used a piece of patterned paper from the Basic Grey 25th and Pine line and used the Femme Frames die from Mama Elephant. Once that was die cut I used foam adhesive to adhere the patterned paper piece to my card base.
Once the background piece was adhered, I then adhered all the image pieces to my card, using a mixture of adhesive and foam adhesive. I then used the banner die from the Styleboard die set by Maggie Holmes. I had to partially die cut it so it wouldn't be too long for the sentiment. The 'Season's Greetings' sentiment is from the Merry and Bright set by Wplus9. I stamped that on the banner with versafine onyx black ink. When I adhered my sentiment piece onto the card, I smudged it and so I decided to just re-diecut the banner again. But because I partially die cut it before, I didn't get it the right size, but I just layered it over top anyway, and it looks kinda cool.
I finished off the card with some enamel dots from My Minds Eye in coordinating colours.
Thanks for stopping by today, and hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with a video for yous. :)